Poll

What kind of music they play

Gothic Metal
0 (0%)
Darkwave
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Lacrimosa  (Read 7856 times)

Offline darkcroc

Lacrimosa
« on: January 16, 2009, 02:38:47 am »
Well lacrimosa is a group from germany, they play gothic metal, their songs are melancolic and no one of those song is happy, in their begining they play a little bit of death metal
Here is one of their best songs and the video is great this is the url http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih9rIRtlt-g

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
Re: Lacrimosa
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 02:16:42 pm »
Hey!
I know this song! I like it a lot! As for music.. as for lyrics.. I don't know a word german so I have no real idea what it's about..
I like this one also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7CO3c-Ot7Q   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 03:46:12 pm »
I love Lacrimosa, they play great music. They started as a gothic rock band, but their latter albums are gothic metal.
One mistake though, they are not from Germany. Tilo is German, but Ann is Finnish. They are actually based in Switzerland, but originally from Finnland.

I don't see the point in the poll though. They are very significant for the Dark Wave movement; as for which - there is a bunch of Dark Wave subgenres. Gothic Rock is one of them (even though gothic rock did originate before the Dark Wave culture itself...but that's not the point).
The point is...you cannot classify Lacrimosa only as Dark Wave or as Gothic metal. Cuz they changed through time, but darkwave was somehow always present in their music, as well as in their image, if you know what I'm trying to say.

So yeah, I'm not gonna vote for either.
I think Lacrimosa are an awesome band with an awesome image :biggrin:
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 04:30:21 pm »
If we have such choice.. dark wave and gothic metal.. first there would be a need to give a definition to metal itself since it got changed with time.. but let's not argue.. I think Lacrimosa can not be defined with one name but several..Like Pink Floyd.. they are so much more than just rock.. or psychedelic rock...sorry if the comparisoon is rather weak..
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline darkcroc

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 01:11:44 am »
iM SORRY i MADE A mystake iam new, i have not a clue of what in the hell was a poll, im sorry

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 11:16:25 am »
haha, oh, okay, no need to apologize  :D
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!