Main Forum > Music Topic

Concert reviews

<< < (3/74) > >>

Sirius13:

--- Quote ---Sirius, have you ever seen the 1968 year Rolling Stones´ "Rock & Roll Circus" film? There you can see Tony Iommi playing guitar with...Jethro Tull. Yes, it shocked me too. 

Last year, other (little) giant shocked me; Mr. Ronnie James Dio. I´ve never seen him before and his show was really powerful. I think that Dio is one of these real monsters of rock i´ve said before, don´t you think? His works with Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath; his solo career...i can only say: chapeau!!! 

And yes, you´re right again, i like going to concerts and i´ve seen very interesting shows..and i expect i will continue  this weekend we have a double choice; on friday Graveworm, Communic, Numen and (i think that is confirmed) Ensiferum. And next day, saturday, Baron Rojo and Judas Priest. Noisy weekend [snapback]3412[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
Hey JR, I knew he joined Jethro Tull for 2 wks, but I didn't know that it made it into that film!  I'll have to check it out!  (thanks for the info, I love all things Sabbath  :) )

I agree with you about RJD, I saw him fronting Sabbath in '92, and he was amazing.  (Testament were the support, and I LOVE Testament, so I was very happy that day!).  Sounds like you've got a cracking weekend of music lined up.  I missed Priest on this tour and believe it or not I've never seen them live (I love 'em!).  I'm very jealous!  I know a couple of people who saw them a few weeks ago and they said they were fantastic!  I hope you enjoy yourself.  Graveworm could be interesting too, let us know how you get on.  :D

--- Quote ---To date the best I have seen here in Canada are:
2001 Slayer, Soulfly & In Flames
2002 Iron Maiden & Arch Enemy
2004 Dimmu Borgir, God Forbid & Necronomicon[snapback]3412[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
Hey Aluqak, Slayer are so good live, that's a neat one to have under your belt!  I saw them in about '91 on the same bill as Metallica, Machine Head & White Zombie.  They were so ferocious!  And I'm jealous you've seen Priest!  Must have been the Painkiller tour?  Great band.

The Metallica/Anthrax gig in '86 was special, it was just before Cliff Burton died (R.I.P.) and he was such a cool performer.  Thrash was growing up and it was happy times!

Let us know how it goes with Soilwork!  :D

Aluqak:

--- Quote ---Hey Aluqak, Slayer are so good live, that's a neat one to have under your belt!  I saw them in about '91 on the same bill as Metallica, Machine Head & White Zombie.  They were so ferocious!  And I'm jealous you've seen Priest!  Must have been the Painkiller tour?  Great band.

The Metallica/Anthrax gig in '86 was special, it was just before Cliff Burton died (R.I.P.) and he was such a cool performer.  Thrash was growing up and it was happy times!

Let us know how it goes with Soilwork!  :D
[snapback]3413[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
Yeap, I saw Priest in their Painkiller tour. I knew them back in 1987 (Ram it Down)... and Wow! I couldn't belive it when I got tickets for that concert. I could also had the chance to see them here in Canada in their Jugulator tour, but Priest without Rob Halford wasn't Priest for me.
Slayer was a pretty magical concert for me. When they played Mandatory Suicide (one of my faves) it started to rain as hell (huge summer-storm), and when the song finished... the rain finished too :o. That was huge.
About Soilwork, I'll let you know, I'm already "studying" for the concert :D.

Jo Ta Erre:
@ Sirius;
A few days ago, i discovered two strange records with Sabbath´s songs but...one of them played by an Estonian string band, (record´s name: String Quartet, Tribute to Black Sabbath). that reminds me Apocalyptica´s "Plays Metallica by four cellos" but more classical.
The other one, Sabbath´s songs as medieval ones; with medieval instruments and vocals; (the band is called Rondellus, and the record Sabbatum). All tracks are translated into latin (i think).
Curiosity; "a National Acrobat" is "Funambulus Domesticus" :lol:
You can find them easily in eMule.
cheers!

Sirius13:

--- Quote ---@ Sirius;
A few days ago, i discovered two strange records with Sabbath´s songs but...one of them played by an Estonian string band, (record´s name: String Quartet, Tribute to Black Sabbath). that reminds me Apocalyptica´s "Plays Metallica by four cellos" but more classical.
The other one, Sabbath´s songs as medieval ones; with medieval instruments and vocals; (the band is called Rondellus, and the record Sabbatum). All tracks are translated into latin (i think).
Curiosity; "a National Acrobat" is "Funambulus Domesticus" :lol:
You can find them easily in eMule.
cheers!
[snapback]3429[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
Hehe, I'm aware of these, but haven't heard them. Perhaps I should try them out? :)

...there is also one called "Bangra Bloody Bangra", which is an Indian tribute to Sabbath  :wacko:

Funambulus Domesticus!  I like it!  :D

Jo Ta Erre:
Hi ppl;
Coming back from zaragoza right now, where 9000 guys screamed and singed for two hours with the Priest. It has been a fantastic gig. Chapeau for the Priest ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version