Author Topic: Tell us about your nick!  (Read 8023 times)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Tell us about your nick!
« on: April 02, 2005, 09:58:23 am »
I am curious about your nicks... some are terribly strange. Why do you have that nick?

The story of my nick:  When I had to register in Therion forum, I had no nick to use, and I thought how could I named. I thought in Luthien because I like the Silmarillion story of Luthien, a female elf, with Berem, a human man. She is a far relative of Arwen, and her story is similar at hers. I like the sound of "Luthien", too: maybe it helps that my real name has the "th" too, althought it sounds as "t", not as in "Luthien". I simply like it, and now it's my nick in all forums and chats I am.

What's YOUR NICK story?  :ph34r:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Eowyn

• http://
Tell us about your nick!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 12:33:55 pm »
What is your real name ?

Eowyn, I think you know it's from the Lord of the Rings. The blond human woman who loves Aragorn (much in the film than in the book, in fact... Hollywood's power...), kills the lord of the Nazguls (I think it's the same name in english) and marry Faramir (Boromir broher).
But I didn't choose this pseudo for this story, in fact, the pseudo has chosen me... No, no, no, don't begin to tell stupid things, Eo.
Well, I was saying, I didn't choose this pseudo, it's a "friend" of me who choosed it for me. Well, not really an friend, just a boy I loved when I was young (hahaha, so young), but I didn't want to say him my name (I sent him emails... Pfff... It's sad to be so shy, when I think about it xD), so he gave this one.
First I was happy, oh, Eowyn, it sounds well, blabla... It was like in october before the first movie of LOTR, and I was reading the book... And I saw Eowyn, the human princess in love of a prince (Aragorn) who loves an other girl (Arwen)... Awh...
Sad, isn't it :D ?
But now I love Eowyn, the LOTR and all Tolkien's books, in fact, and I won't change !

The End

Luthien adopted gran'daughter
French member and proud of it (...joke)
NTSMS member and that's all
Join us on #Therion!

Offline Jo Ta Erre

• Loyal Member
Tell us about your nick!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 01:41:53 pm »
Ok, it´s my turn.

Jota erre (pronunciation of "JR" in spanish and basque), are my initials. But making a little game with them, they have a second meaning. In basque language, Jo Ta Erre means "hit and burn". I use this nick in all forums...and in other ambits too

So, Hit and Burn. :rolleyes:

Cheers ;)
Me pica la medusaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggg!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
Tell us about your nick!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 02:51:57 pm »
Hello All!

Well, Ereshkigal is the the "Queen of the Underworld", in Sumerian/Mesopotamian mythology. She rules the underworld along with Nergal. I chose this name mainly 'cuz I loved the story of how Nergal and Eresh became in love   :wub: hehehe, also the story of how she  hanged the corpse of her sister Innana is one of my fav's. "E" can be sweet and love her Nergal and all, but she also rules her world with power and can be a tough dudette.

I'm not gonna hang anyone, but in a way I can also be both, friendly but when needed I have to be serious and all.... :rolleyes:

At the official chat and now some forums, now everyone calls me "Eresh", which I now like so much  B) so I often change from "Ereshkigal" to "Eresh", though I recognize that Eresh is a lot less annoying to pronounce and write  ^_^

Offline Carlios

• http://
Tell us about your nick!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 07:27:15 am »
Mine is actually a typo  :blink:  :rolleyes:  I was going to put my name (Carlos), but I screwed up, and I realized too late.

I tried to correct it by creating a new account, but there's already a Carlos, but it's ok, I kinda like it :P

Que la Ancylotoma duodenale te Acompañe / May the Ancylostoma duodenale be with You[/b][/u][/size][/font]

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
Tell us about your nick!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 03:57:51 pm »
I have two identities that I use  :ph34r:

1)  First forum I visited (Coroner) I wanted to post, but had not thought of a name.  Sirius B / Lemuria had just come out, so I picked Sirius.  13 is my birth date and when printed in certain fonts can also look a little like a 'B'.  My avatar in this forum is the rare original cover of the Coroner album 'Punishment For Decadence', which is to be found on the vinyl edition of the album from 1988 (was changed for CD version due to copyright issues).  

2)  On Megatherion I had no avatar for a long time, so I looked through them all & found a Honda badge.  I thought it was a little different from the normal stuff, and I used to drive a Honda Accord 2.0i SE, so I changed my name from Sirius13 to suit the nick.  Hehe, just felt a bit random that day. :)

voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Tell us about your nick!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 05:43:16 pm »
Well, as you might guess, my nick is also a typing error. One of my favourites Therion songs is "Whine of Aluqah" and I wanted Aluqah to be my nickname. Besides I like the Aluqah-sucubus story.
The point is that in the Megatherion forum, somebody else had already chosen Aluqah as nickname, then I decided to remove the "h" (thus Aluqa), but I added a "k" by mistake. When I realised that, it was kind of late so I decided to keep it.
Pretty crap story, but that's how it is.
BTW, the other day somebody told that when you read Aluqak from right to left (Kaqula) you get the name of a powerful Zulu warrior.... errr what is the point here? I don't know ;).
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
Tell us about your nick!
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 09:26:14 pm »
This stories are really interesting, and your to Aluqak.

I use this nick since I got my modem and that is 5 year ago. At first I was on some newsgroups and I hated when people change their nicks because I wanted to know them better to make friends but that was not possible because everybody were changing nicks all the time. When I was doing my identity in outlook I wrote my real name which is Jure Miljanic (don't try to pronounce it on english because you'll fail) and then I decided to make one unique nick that I will always use and that no one else will never use. So I made my own nick -> OFFman was looking stupid so I put The in front of it, but I like when people call me OFFman or just Off. Why I made that nick will became a mystery.

You didn't write your real names.

doomequinox

Tell us about your nick!
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 05:47:29 pm »
Hi to all !
My nick is two words... DOOM -'cause i like doom metal and cause i simply like the word..., and EQUINOX - cause  i've read too much books :P it is a holy day in many religions( kinda pagan )an important day for all mankind and earth(just some folk don't realize it... ) .....and this two words are great  together ! doom and the end of everything and death... THERE IS NO DEATH AND THERE CAN'T BE AN END OF EVERYTHING , CAUSE THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING BEHIND, SOMETHING NEW, AND PERHAPS BETTER !!
 :rolleyes:  ;)

Offline Worby

Tell us about your nick!
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 07:51:35 pm »
My story is very boring, but hey: At the primary school I went we called each other by our last names for some reason... But no one could be bothered pronouncing 'Walmsley' so everyone just called me Worby insted. Which is pretty cool because it sounds good. If you don't know how to pronounce it, here: 'War-bee'

Oh yeah also I have no idea how people got from Walmsley to Worby... Yeah so... thats it and I use it for pretty much everything.
"Honour, Truth and Loyalty. What an age we live in where these are rare."
Worby

Offline Tzar-0

Tell us about your nick!
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 09:39:25 pm »
Hi,

mmm...Tzar-0 don't really has sense.
I chose this nick 2 or 3 years ago when I began to play on BattleNet for Warcraft 3. Juste because I needed a nick.
Now I take it to every forum I register...I don't care if this nick seems stupid...I'm just too lazy to look for another one... ^_^
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 09:41:27 pm by Tzar-0 »

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
    • http://vargagrav.com
Tell us about your nick!
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2005, 01:48:58 pm »
I came up with my nick when I first listened to Iron Maidens album: Dance of death, so I mixed it and there you go: DEATHDANCER B)
Life's a bitch... and than you die...

English killer member #3
Therion Society member