Main Forum > Other bands!!!

Blind Guardian

<< < (2/3) > >>

Darksong:
Somwhere and A night!
Yeah!
Luth,get your friend to meet him,and then arrange some "interview" with BG in his name!
Night is my first of their albums,and onlky Album which i "dislike"(to say like that )is Follow The Blind,except Banish From Sanctuary and Valhalla!!Yeaaaaeeaeae

Nighthawk:
Hardcore BG fan.

Imaginations and Nightfall, obviously, but there's something about Somewhere and Tales... and, oh, A Night and A Twist.

I didn't really say much, did I?

I have a sort of Hansi-fetish, so, for me, Flesh of the Gods is... beyond words.

HANSI! *explodes*

Elena:
I´m a "Guardian"-Fan for halv of my life or even longer - I started with "Somwhere" and still find it one of the best albums ever - I love all their albums, but best I would name Somwhere and NIME then Twist and Forgotten Tales however, I can´t stop playing A Twist in the Myth :) By now I also joined at least two of their concerts  :yeha:

melchiah131:

--- Quote from: Ereshkigal on June 05, 2006, 02:31:11 pm ---I love Nightfall In Middle Earth, the most complete album imo.

--- End quote ---
I agree with you there  :thumbup:

Loke:

BG is mmm...

one of the few bands in the genre not heavily influenced by Dream Theater and the like. This band avoids the heavy chordal riffing that is the trademark of metal, which is definitely a nice change of pace. However, the druming and som of the lead vocals take on some of the traits of metal: heavy on the bass drumming, occasional attempts on the part of the vocalist to sing in a register he can't quite hit. When the vocalist isn't screeching, though, the choruses that make up most of the singing are immense-sounding and powerful (in some places the harmonies remind me of Echolyn, but that's an odd impression, I think). BG sounds almost like a rock opera, with its grand instrumentations, huge vocal harmonyes, and Tolkien-based concept. Some of the melodies show diverse influenes, some perhaps drawn from folky sources. organized somewhat uniquely: between the "songs" themselves are short cuts which are probably meant to advance some kind of story - they are mostly either narration (voice acted tolerably, though some might find these overly pretentious) or brief medieval, minstrel-sounding pieces. I think these kind of break up the flow of music and end up being little more than an annoyance. Nevertheless, a good choice for someone looking for something a little different when it comes to metal.

He hehe , please consider that Nightfall in Middle-Earth is the only album ive heard

yo yo yo :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version