Author Topic: A Very Special Announcement  (Read 6802 times)

Offline Nighthawk

• Life on Mars?
    • Lust.fm
A Very Special Announcement
« on: April 05, 2007, 08:03:28 pm »

A very merry Easter-een-mass to ye all!

I don't know if you're familiar with the tradition of Winter-een-mass, but if you're not, here's how it started:

The idea of Winter-een-mass, apart from catering to Ethan's every need, is to take some time and play a few video games. A few? Play till your eyes bleed, suckers, because the king of Winter-een-mass demands it!

Right, the only problem is, Winter-een-mass is celebrated in January - just one occasion for reckless playing and complete social suicide is not enough. So, I've decided to add a new holiday in Ethan's steps - Ester-een-mass! Since we gamers and them thar Christians have always been on good terms, mostly because of the myriad of free days their reign hath given us, we've decided (well, I've decided) to incorporated our newest holiday into this, the merriest of times.

So, if you've got a video game hidden away somewhere, dig it up, install it, and play the hell out of it. Minesweeper will do, I guess, but only if you want to go to Gamer's Hell. No, it's not a nice place. No broadband.

I've posted this around and I think NTSMS is also a good place to spread the love. C'mon, be merry!

Merry Easter-een-mass!
Can't stop the signal.

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
Re: A Very Special Announcement
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 09:18:43 pm »
No Pesah-een-mass?  :bye:

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 10:04:45 pm »
Hey folks,

Livi, something tells me that Nighthawk will een-mass anything that's not up a tree at the count of three. How fast can Pesah climb?

Hawk, how can you scare me with gamer's hell if I haven't got broadband even now?

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 10:08:12 pm »
Umm... Markus, how could Pesah climb a tree?  :unsure:

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 10:14:45 pm »
I know what Pesah is, Livi. :) I was speaking metaphorically...

Physically you could put some matzo up there, thus making some birds very happy. But what I meant to say is that Nighthawk seems willing enough to een-mass any holiday.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Nighthawk

• Life on Mars?
    • Lust.fm
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 12:16:15 am »
Quote from: Elizabeth
No Pesah-een-mass? :bye:
Well... we could do that too... but I was under the impression that gaming wasn't really a prerogative during Pesah. It's more like a, y'know, spiritual thing.

Winter-een-mass and its offspring, Easter-een-mass, are much the same. They're really spiritual. Like, that time, when I was playing Prey, my cool Indian dude could spiritwalk out of his own body and do stuff. That was kinda spiritual.

But yeah, we could Pesah, too.

Hawk, how can you scare me with gamer's hell if I haven't got broadband even now?
Hah! You're obviously a heretic, Marcus. How else could you be broadbandless?

You're on dial-up? Ye gods man, what have you done to deserve such a fate?

Quote from: Markus
But what I meant to say is that Nighthawk seems willing enough to een-mass any holiday.
You can bet yer touchpad, I am. For now, we'll stick with Winter-een-mass and Easter-een-mass. Maybe even Hawk-een-mass.

Winter-een-mass is an actual gaming holiday. Well, it's not, really, but after reading Ctrl+Alt+Del [http://www.cad-comic.com/comic.php?d=20021023], I couldn't help myself and just had to praise the genius of such an idea. Since I was too late for Winter-een-mass, I added Easter-een-mass to compensate. Plus, it was a good excuse for me to celebrate something - since Croatia is a Christian stronghold of love and understanding *giggles in a manly fashion*, these days I'm forced to adhere to wanton Easter-worshiping. Fine, said I. I too shall celebrate Easter... en masse! Then, after I recovered from that horrible pun, I took the liberty of skipping my studies, going home and spending some quality time with my girlfriend. And I blame it all on Easter-een-mass.

Did I say spending some quality time with my girlfriend? What I meant was, playing games until my eyes bleed.

And they're not bleedin' yet.
Can't stop the signal.

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 02:24:04 am »
New celebration taken in by me!
Tomorrow I shall continue celebrating, I did celebrate a little, but as far as I can see, my eyes are not bleeding yet.
("Age of Mythology campaigns, here I go!") :yeha:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 08:36:51 am »
I know what Pesah is, Livi. :) I was speaking metaphorically...

Physically you could put some matzo up there, thus making some birds very happy. But what I meant to say is that Nighthawk seems willing enough to een-mass any holiday.

I know, Markus... and still, Pesah could climb a sand dune in the worst case  :biggrin:

Thanks Tequila!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 09:09:03 am »
Umm... you have a point there. :roll:
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline VladH

• Shapeshifter
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Dead
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 10:44:44 am »
Ctrl-Alt-Del rulezzzzz  :shifty:
The Longships are coming...

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 05:06:49 pm »
merry spring holidays, whatever you celebrate ;)