Author Topic: National news.  (Read 154975 times)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Re: National news.
« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2011, 08:04:41 pm »
shares Spanish celery
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2011, 08:11:25 pm »
 :cht2: beware of Mighty Queen  :unsure: :afaid:
But then again, who does.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #162 on: May 30, 2011, 08:15:47 pm »
:cht2: beware of Mighty Queen  :unsure: :afaid:

Why? She's Catalan. :nana:
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #163 on: May 30, 2011, 09:49:53 pm »
Oh, sorry, I forgot :roll:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2011, 01:03:05 pm »
You already know me, I see  :innocent:

About the cucumber (and more vegetables involved, now) thing, it's a hot topic here too. German government said the infected vegetables come from the south of Spain, and now the Spanish government criticize that it's not sure the infection appeared in that stage (it could be in the transport, in the manipulation...), but harm has been already done: as if Spanish economy needs more harm to be done  :wacko:

I don't know how it all will end, but I understand that all means are used to stop that bacteria infecting more people, and I understand the economy won't be happy with those means... I only wish the reason will be found soon and all fixed  :disgust:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2011, 01:12:51 pm »
Yes, they say it comes from Spain... anyway they say it's "BIO" - organic way planted and grown cucumbers.... the company who brought them here is Country Life and they are pretty sad about it I guess. Now that's another hit to the organic food shops :(

Do they say the same? That's organic vegetable - in BDR and Spain too?

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2011, 07:07:23 pm »
I heard something about the organic vegetables, specially at the beginning, but now I don't hear too much about that subject. Last news are that it's likely it comes not from Spain but you know... it's hard to trust on the media of one's country when there are so many intersts  :spock:
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2011, 07:13:27 pm »
I am asking because I think they lie about it being organic...  :ninja: Seems like supermarket conspiration to me.  :ninja:

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2011, 08:07:46 pm »
Hey folks,

they found EHEC on Spanish organic cucumbers and the recent EHEC patients have eaten lots of raw vegetables. But now they found out that the Spanish organic cucumber EHEC bears a different strain of EHEC than the patients are suffering from - so they are dangerous but not the source of the recent outbreak. Well, the search is starting anew...

Nasty situation, but we'll see... What I'd like to know, Luth, is how the situation in Spain is developing. What about Barcelona? What about the Place of Catalonia?

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2011, 09:07:58 pm »
They say in the newspapers here today that in Spain is revolution  :unsure:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #170 on: June 01, 2011, 09:33:59 pm »
What does it mean? Well, the government is very angry because of the harm done, and people I suppose... But I've seen no revolution at all  :unsure:

The disease was supposed to have been happened in the South of Spain, not Catalonia, but I think all spain has suffered for the alarm. Exportations have lowered or stopped, and even internal confidence has decreased. Now perhaps it will change, but as everyone says, the harm is already done, the loss have been huge and will still be if no miracle happens.

For me, I changed no habit... I eat few cucumbers, and when I do I ever remove the peel. The only two Spanish people infected had recently travelled to Germany  :disgust:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:43:28 pm by Luth »

Offline Jo Ta Erre

• Loyal Member
« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2011, 12:42:13 am »
Right.

Here in San Sebastian is an infected man who has been in Hamburg two weeks ago.

About the "indignados" movement...when I saw the initiative, I thought "finally". It was not normal that in a country where 20% of the active population is officially unemployed and the political class is more than tarnished nothing was happening. In that way seemed perfect.
However, in my opinion the movement is highly centralized, I mean that initiatives and part of the claims of these people do not take into account the specificities and the struggles of the various parts of the country over the years.

And about the cops in Barcelona...what do you want me to say...when the first Gulf war began in 1991, the autonomic police did exactly the same with us (students armed with very dangerous books and pencils) in a pacific demostration against war...and in 1994 in the university...and...
Unfortunately, there´s nothing new under the sun.

Cheese!!! 
Me pica la medusaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggg!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2011, 09:13:41 am »
Today they write that the cucumbers were not from Spain...

But yes, about the revolution I meant the politics. But today there are no more news about it so maybe it was just some... "BOOOM" article yesterday.
Yes, they were writing about the the unemployment...

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #173 on: October 02, 2011, 07:41:33 pm »
Hi, I wanted to share this video :)

Nigel Farage speaking in the Parliament about the fact where is EU heading to. I know You might not be interested in politics in this way but I find this really important and it is not boring actually :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4qUrmgZ5N8&feature=player_embedded

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #174 on: November 22, 2011, 12:28:00 am »
Hey folks,

the biggest topic in the German news is rightwing-terrorism. The media and the authorities are scared and startled because nobody had been aware of neonazi terrorism. But then they discovered that a group of three people had been responsible for several bombings and almost a dozen unresolved murders over the past 13 years. Related to this is a scandal about secret service spies who had been supporting nazi organisations with the salary they received from the government.

Really nasty stuff.

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #175 on: November 22, 2011, 08:03:19 am »
Very unfortunate :( We have similar problems here for several years too. Guess what... they don't really do anything.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2012, 06:25:28 pm »
Oh Regina Mea Mala,

I've heard about the wildfires in your country. I hope you aren't affected?

And I do cross my fingers for the firefighters to be successful soon!

Best regards

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2012, 06:55:17 pm »
Hi Markus!!

Curiously, I wanted to talk about those news, but I still had no time... No, not directly affected, but more affected that I could think. The fire is in the zone of Figueres (do you remember it, O Highest Priest among the Higest? There, where we almost got throwed away from Dalí Museum?) It's quite far from my city, more or less 140 Km... but today I've woken up and left my home at 6.30 am, as usual, and the city was covered in some kind of fog... ashy smelly fog. It was, of course, the smoke brought there by wind. Later, already in Barcelona (200 Km from the fire) the smoke arrived there too... and it reached even farther: even to Mallorca, I've read! Winds have been terrible... and winds flare the fire up frightfully!

Stupid people... it's said the fire started because of, at least, two cigarettes thrown from the window on the road. Why people keep smoking and throwing the cigarette when there is so much vegetation on the sides?? When yesterday there was a terrible wind (80-90 Km/h) and all vegetation is so thick and dry because of the lack of rain? Which stupid person (o people, as there were two of them!) could do it without thinking in the consequences??!

There have been four dead people right now, and I really wish it will stop there. A lot of people got caught on the road, unable to continue or go back, and so did a lot of tourists. At work, one of my colleages was near there and today have not been able to come, as he has no mean to travel here (no road, no train, people said to get locked at home or special places like gyms prepared for that...) Fortunately he's all right, only unable to travel back. And I know a lot of people who was there or nearby, as it's a very nice and touristic place.

Thank you for your concern, Markus. I realize how bad the fire is when I see that the news reached the international news... I cross my fingers for the wind changing, as it's expected, and firemen be able to work on it and extinguish as soon as possible. I'll keep you updated.

Btw... I share with you a photo from the newspaper of Barcelona in thw worst moment of the smoke (remember, 200 km from the fire). It has lasted few time, as wind pushed it to the south, but two or three hours previously THAT smoke was on my town, saying me "hello"...

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2012, 07:00:23 pm »
Ouch - that photo really says a lot! But of course the deaths are the worst, followed by the destruction of so much forest. Really, really terrible - and as you say it's utterly outrageous that the fires were caused by carelessness. I don't really know what to say.

Take care, all of you down there, and may the catastrophe end soon!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2012, 07:06:03 pm »
I'll keep you informed, I promise.

In fact, during all day my eyes have been crying more than usual (normally they do because of allergy). I'd say it's the few smoke remaing yet. But, of course, it's much worse for people who are next to the fires... not to tell the casualties, and the homes burned to ashes...  :bawl: