Author Topic: just to share some thoughts  (Read 4577 times)

Offline Elena

• Princess Dream Weaver
  • Loyal Dreamer
    • nemesis corner
just to share some thoughts
« on: November 18, 2006, 02:04:34 pm »
Hi there,
hopefully this thread doesn´t annoy anyone, if it does I hope some Admin can remove it - you are so lovely people that I wanted to "tell" a bit which really  bothered me.
My week was quite busy because I had to run all day for the last six days. I am involved in the "technical section" of a little theater group (that means I help with sound, stage decoration, sometimes lights and whatever is needed) We had to organise an extraordinary event for yesterday evening. It took place at a bigger stage in a bigger hall than we used to do and we had a famous special guest group. So we were very excited and expectations have been so high!. (In addition my job at work was very very busy too  :insane: )
However, the pressure on us four persons (especially in sound engeneering) was high because it really was a great event and a really special show; how embarrassing if something would went wrong. All the others (actors) had only a little job to do for maximal 20 minutes on stage and then they could go and take a seat and enjoy the show. Unfortunately two of us "technicians" had also to perform on stage for 20 minutes, directly before the special guests ... which made me run to prepare one of their instruments for the show, run back on stage and perform, run back with a microphone for the guestmusician, prepare his instrument, and after a really really little and short test wether it works or not they already started their performance.
I expected this evening busy but I didn´t thought that I have to run (really RUN) all evening. But luckily everything went well - only one little mistake happened, because our new guy was not told to switch on the microphones for our famous guests. Then he ran over stage while they already performed and didn´t find the right buttons - so I had to run also... But the event is over, went well and I am soooooo reliefed now!! Now we have our usual show next weekend in our usuall place, so I still don´t find "peace" yet :)
Have a nice week
Shelley
Life it what happens while you wait for your dreams
Joy and beauty dance where open eyes meet
Fortune does not mean to have the best of everything, but to make of everything the best
She loves him more than he would ever now, he loves her more than he would ever show

Never ever victim

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Re: just to share some thoughts
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 06:03:21 pm »
Hi Shelley,

thanks for sharing! :) You'll see that you always find an open ear at NTSMS.

That really sounds stressy. You can be very glad that all went so well. As hard as that week was, over time it will turn into a story that you like to remember.

BTW I heard that stage technicians are often seriously underpaid for the amount of work they do, especially considering that they have to do it on evenings, weekends and holidays. :(

Oh, and do I know the name of your special guest?

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 09:55:58 pm »
Hey Shelley!

That must have been pretty stressy... but good that it has a happy end  :yeha:

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 02:15:33 am »
I'm happy that everything went well at last. :) Thanks for sharing!

Offline Elena

• Princess Dream Weaver
  • Loyal Dreamer
    • nemesis corner
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 01:31:02 pm »
Thanks, that feels good :)
We are not paid at all! this is a hobby company, we have to pay an annual membership-fee...  but we get a lot of accolade for our work and many people help us cleaning up after the show. OK, it is also a busy job to watch all this people what they do and where they place our equipment...  :P
Life it what happens while you wait for your dreams
Joy and beauty dance where open eyes meet
Fortune does not mean to have the best of everything, but to make of everything the best
She loves him more than he would ever now, he loves her more than he would ever show

Never ever victim