Author Topic: Mist  (Read 3316 times)

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
Mist
« on: November 16, 2006, 09:11:39 am »
This morning Budapest was covered by a so dense mist that I’ve never seen before. I went out of the house and everything was covered by it. The people on the streets seemed less friendly than ever. I went on my regular way to the bus stop, and I became more and more excited and amazed.

I travel every day across the Danube to reach my workplace in Buda (Buda and Pest are separated by the river Danube, and I live in the Pest part). In general the mists in Budapest let you see the other bank of the river. This mist was sooo dense that I didn’t see even the river! Actually, I only saw the barriers of the bridge and nothing beyond that. I was thinking about how would people react to this and I thought that there are two kinds of people: one part of them should see the mist as a wall, the others as the infinity…

When I reached my workplace, I met one of my colleagues which I consider a friend. I told her ardently „What a mist!” and she answered me pulling her face that she had the feeling as she couldn’t go further because of the mist. I told her that I felt like I could go anywhere now. My other colleague told me as I arrived „What a mist!”, with an angry eypression on his face.

Well, I don’t know what’s the sense of all this topic. I only wanted to tell you about my today morning with full particulars. It deserved more than „Today I’ve had a MISTic experience in my city :)” in the shoutbox. Thanks for reading it :)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Re: Mist
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 10:19:20 am »
Hi Lucy,

thanks for sharing! Yes, mist can utterly change the view of your familiar surroundings. I don't understand the people that let such conditions get on theior nerves. I mean, the mist won't do you any real harm or cause you any real trouble (unless you're a plane pilot, I guess :lol3:), so you can as well enjoy the unusual sights and mood.

Cheers!

Markus, under a blue sunny sky
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
Re: Mist
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 12:30:49 pm »
Budapest in the fog ... :] I'd like to see it..