Author Topic: Doping - you'd be surprised  (Read 4968 times)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Doping - you'd be surprised
« on: August 23, 2006, 10:14:55 am »
Hi folks,

after the desastrous Tour de France there's a big discussion about doping going on. In the the German press I've seen a couple of articles about doping in hobby sports. Now I've seen it myself.

As you may know I go to a gym regularly. Yesterday I talked about fat reduction to my trainer, and one of the other visitors recommended an anti-asthmatic substance to me. That would induce fat loss and muscle growth. Ah well, he said, there were side effects like heart racing or uncontrolled trembling. But hey, you could take the stuff for a couple of weeks and then stop it. I asked whether that substance wasn't only available on prescription. Possibly, he said, but you'd get it on the web. Ouch!

Seeing that guy I've always wondered whether he had taken anything. Now he's admitted it as if it wasn't anything special. I'm not really surprised, but still it's something different to know for sure.

Ah, just wanted to tell you. Thanks for listening. :)

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
Re: Doping - you'd be surprised
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 11:19:54 am »
I know people who will suffer lifelong these "side effects". 
About getting this stuff in the web: our dear old spammer, who always returns with lists of "how to get things", may be a dealer of these medicines too.
In my opinion this is the "silicone breast" of the men: everything depends on what do you do for making yourself more beautiful.
You didn't write what did you answer him  ^_^

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
    • http://vargagrav.com
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 03:42:47 pm »
 :mad: bastards
Life's a bitch... and than you die...

English killer member #3
Therion Society member

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 03:58:45 pm »
Hi Lucy,

my view of this is clear: For several reasons I wouldn't dope myself, and I can't respect the performance of doped people. Sure, you still have to torture yourself in the training even when you're doped, but results under doping are nothing to be proud of. I find that even worse than silicone breasts because it messes with your body chemistry and because you pretend physical performances instead of just good looks.

However, I told the guy none of this. It wouldn't have made him change his mind, and he doesn't have mind enough to be an interesting discussion opponent. :roll-eyes: So I didn't speak my mind... this way he might tell me more. :evil2:

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 07:54:11 am »
I totally agree with you.
And the worst of all is that these plastic guys are so proud of themselves, that one colleague of mine doesn't like to go to the gym anymore, because these guys are looking him bad because... he is normal!  :wacko:

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 09:37:00 am »
Hi Lucy,

well, in this view I'm lucky with my gym: Most of the folks there are rather friendly, and noone ever gave me derisive or strange looks. I'm also sure that the dopers are a minority, but still...

(I hope we don't count caffeine as doping here, do we?  :innocent:)

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 10:48:29 am »
Hi, oh Highest Priest of the Skies,

I'm sure that caffeine won't cause you damages until you take it in cups of coffee and not with syringe...
What do you do in the gym for not to be bored?  :sleep: Dancing is the only "sport" when I'm not bored.  :yahoo: I need improvisation!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 11:21:44 am »
Hi Lucy,

I had the same discussion with Liv recently. The point is simply that I don't find strength training boring. It's so much of a challenge that you have to concentrate and fight for each repetition, and I do only ten per set. During the necessary breaks I read a magazine or talk to the others, so no danger of boredom there. Endurance training is different, though. That leaves you enough ressources to get bored. At my gym they have no TV, just a radio where they play only stations I hate, so I do endurance at home mainly.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 12:11:30 pm »
Time to update the endurance training room with Therion music  :) or the radio stations

(are there more forums?)