Author Topic: Nocturnal Rites  (Read 9090 times)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Nocturnal Rites
« on: June 04, 2006, 01:42:11 pm »
I've recently discovered them, and I think they're really good, very powerfull and good musicians. Do any of you know them? What do you think about their music? Any recommendation about similar artists?

I want to learn more  :rolleyes:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
Nocturnal Rites
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 02:54:52 pm »
Hi Luthy,
I reviewed the latest NR album.  I seem to remember giving it a favourable review. *digs out Grand Illusion promo & review*

Aah, yes. 'Cuts Like a Knife' features Naglfar's Kristoffer Olivius - I thought you didn't like harsh vocals!  :ph34r:  ;)

The power metal genre is full of vapid mediocrity and there are a million bands doing nearly exactly the same thing  - but NR are an example of one of the few quality bands to be found.    

A couple of others that manage to stand out:

Divinefire
If you want some overblown synth-power-metal that has great vocals and that kicks ass all round, then I strongly recommend you try 'Hero' by Divinefire. Personally I find it a bit more engaging than NR - I think you'd enjoy it - this is my top recommendation!!  :)  

Divinefire Homepage
Hero Sound Samples

Tad Morose
I'd also suggest 'Modus Vivendi' by Tad Morose, full of great tunes.

Gamma Ray
And of course it goes without saying that if Power Metal is your thing, then Gamma Ray are essential.  'Land Of The Free' is a superb album, and their latest release 'Majestic' is a good one as well!  :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 02:56:19 pm by Sirius13 »
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Nocturnal Rites
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 03:02:10 pm »
Thanks Rick for your fantastic reply... it's good to have a music reviewer among us  :evil:

I'll look the bands you recommended me, and of course I've some Gamma Ray. They're not bad, but I want to headbang more with NR than GR... I found they a bit repetitive (maybe I have to hear them again, it's long time since last GR listening).

I like power metal, but only the good one, and if possible, the more original one. If not, I'm quickly bored.

Goes to check the bands and discs Rick recommended.
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
Nocturnal Rites
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 04:45:07 pm »
Aah, yes. 'Cuts Like a Knife' features Naglfar's Kristoffer Olivius - I thought you didn't like harsh vocals!  :ph34r:  ;)

There're really few harsh vocals here, only in this song, and not all the vocals!!!!!  :ph34r: