Author Topic: Favourite subjects  (Read 5966 times)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Favourite subjects
« on: May 13, 2006, 10:08:59 pm »
Hi folks,

here you go. A whole thread just for you, so you don't have to squeeze youreselves into that stupid tiny shoutbox anymore. :D

I'll add a word on my favourite subjects later...

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
Favourite subjects
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 10:18:47 pm »
Social Studies (because of the history we learn, but lately, it's been a piece of ****, learning American history [no offense for Americans]) Science (Biology, Genetics, Evolution.. The coolest science teacher you could ever get) Music (Sexy music teacher, what boy wouldn't love to join? She's the hottest teacher in the school. I play the trombone)
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Favourite subjects
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 11:19:27 pm »
Hi there,

I've been out of school for a couple of years now, but I liked most subjects a lot. I liked German, Russian and English because I like languages. I liked physics, biology and chemistry even more, because I fond natural sciences most interesting. I liked math because it's stuff you understand instead of stuff you learn by heart. For the same reason I more or less disliked history and geography - I prefer understanding contexts over learning facts by heart.

I liked music a lot because I like music, :lol3: but I never found much delight in arts.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
Favourite subjects
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 04:26:45 am »
I liked music a lot because I like music, :lol3: but I never found much delight in arts.
[snapback]8998[/snapback]
I also like music, and I'm not that bad playing the trombone, but the hot teacher is the reason many join the music (band) class instead of the choir.
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
    • http://vargagrav.com
Favourite subjects
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 12:08:30 pm »
All computer based subjects.
Informatic, computer networks, digital electronics,
and CISCO academy (not part of school program but school organises it).

I had a loot of pre-knowlage before this school so those subjects are peace of cake to me and there wasn't much to surprise me in them to stop loving them.

The most hated subject except math  :P  is electronic circuits
It is a subject simmilar to digital electronics.
digital electronics studies circuits on logical level ('1' and '0')
electronic circuits studies... whell physical level of circuits, anyway... I HATE IT
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 12:15:27 pm by deathdancer »
Life's a bitch... and than you die...

English killer member #3
Therion Society member

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
Favourite subjects
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 01:49:45 pm »
Unlike Markus I hated numbers!

I liked Biology and History, also my spelling and grammar classes were pretty cool. I really enjoyed my French class too.

On the other hand I had to see a lot of Physics, Pre-Calculus, Chemistry and Math. Among those Chemistry was the least annoying, but the rest were really a pain in the butt. I had to study hard to pass with  average grades  :bawling:

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
Favourite subjects
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 03:39:30 pm »
I'm out school as a student... but I still work in a university (researcher). My faves subjects back in the good days were (in that order): Biology, Chemistry, Math, Litterature.
I liked physics but something didn't inside my head... I wasn't very good at it.
I dislike history... but in recent years I realized that it was only because I didn't have a good teacher. :brutale_smilies100:
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Tzar-0

Favourite subjects
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 09:16:38 pm »
Hi,

I'm interested in Chemistry mainly.
Before this year, I liked physics and biology a lot and not too much math (because I was bad at it).
Then now I like math and I like less physics (because now I'm bad at physics....) and biology.
But I still like reading things about all those subjects...that's why it was hard to choose studies at univ...I couldn't decide between...chemistry, biology or what they call bio-engineer. Hopefully the first year of all those studies is almost common...so I can change after the first year...But finally it seems that I will go for chemistry next year (even if some times ago I was no more motivated for those studies, now I 'm).

I'm not only interested in natural sciences...I like informatic, history, geology(which is a natural science sorry :P)  as well...I just don't like things like sociology and psychology...

And that's cool to see that all the physicists are not like the few I've met...they thought they were the elit of the society and consider those who studied chemistry, biology and and everything that is not physics or math  as being the worst stupid guys ever.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 09:49:12 pm by Tzar-0 »

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
Favourite subjects
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 12:57:50 pm »
My all-time fav is Biology, but none of the subjects is a problem. The one that I most dislike is physics, and not because of the subject itself, but because of the teacher: bloody old bat. I also like maths (especially trigonometry and geometry), and organic chemistry, tho the teacher is another (not so bloody) old bat.

Another enjoyable subjects are Literature (only Romanian lit. :( ), and English (sweet dreams, Elf!). We are supposed to study lots of computing (that's our class profile), but the teacher is a rather moony guy  :mellow:

Other stuff is piece of cake :D

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Favourite subjects
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 03:19:50 pm »
My fav, of course, is Literature and, secondly, language (Spanish and Catalan, mainly). Now that I remember... I studied Spanish Filology and I've already finished it  :c0857do:

I also like filosophy, history... the humanistic subjects. I didn't like maths, or sciences... at least, not when they were harder; when more child, I used to like science and so on, but when it become harder, I hated it, and I changed to Literature  :evil:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
Favourite subjects
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 06:11:05 pm »
I like both branches, human and scientific, but I'm in a Math-Computing class, so we study lots of maths, physics and computing (or at least, we should :D).

In past years, we studied more literature as well, but now we've got just 3 classes/week left, and for 2 years (8th and 9th grade) I was at war with Latin declinations. Who the heeeell would keep Latin as a regular school subject?!  :blink:

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.