Main Forum > Enter the voids of the OT-forum

ETA's end?

(1/4) > >>

Luth:
I don't know if you know at all the Spanish situation with ETA, the terrorist group. It was long time that it was said that ETA was weaker, they didn't kill but put bombs with minor material damage, etc... Today I've arrived home from work and fist thing I saw in TV was a very good new: ETA has said they will stop the activity (to put down the army). I can't know if that's absolutely true, as they declarated several truces, and they ever broke them. But this time it seems more serious... let's hope so!

Elizabeth:
Whoa! I heard nothing on TV (Hm. I'm not very fond of the TV, that's clear), but it's excellent news! Keep us informed about the matter, please  :ph34r:

Luth:
I'll do, don't worry. Unlucily, it will have to pass a lot of time to be sure it's really the end of the terrorist organization. By the moment, almost all politicians thinks that can be the real end of ETA. But we'll have to be aware to the news for long time...

Aluqak:
I've read the ETA's communicate in a Colombian newspaper and... :unsure:
Well, it IS a good step that they doing there, but at the same time it puts ETA in a very confortable position: if the Spanish and French goverments say no way, we will keep our security policy, ETA could easily play the "victim" game...: "You see, those evil and imperialist goverments that don't recognize the democratic steps done by our organization, bla-bla-bla... so we see ourselves forced to return to our arms".
Perhaps it's just my pesimitic and very Colombian way to see things (FARC and all the bunch of armed groups we have in our country have made similar "steps towards the peace" in the past... and well, the situation is still bad), but I still wish luck to you.
Perhaps you are smarter and can finish your problems in a more civilized way than us.
 :)

Markus:
Hey Luth,

peace is always good news! And it might well be serious! Look at Northern Ireland, there the peace was kept indeed.

Cheers!

Markus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version