About NTSMS > Feedback section

Shoutbox vs. Posting

(1/7) > >>

Markus:
Hi folks,

I enjoy the shoutbox very much, and I know you do as well. :D But sometimes we have "shouting matches" there that would make great fun-threads or even more serious threads, too. Don't you think that's a bit sad? The shoutbox is very limited in space, so it's no good place for things that might go in a whole thread. Beside that it makes the forum look deserted when most activity takes place in the shoutbox.

So I suggest: Let's use the shoutbox for what it's best for: Short and important messages, and let's keep the actual forum busy. :)

Cheers!

Markus

Luth:
Are you mainly talking about the football thread, right?  :P

We'll, I'll hear you and I'll create the football thread!!! :evil:

Markus:
Hi Luth,

nah, that's only the occasion, not the reason. It reminded me of this question. But take our invocation of Capra - half of it happened in the shoutbox, too.

Cheers!

Markus

Aluqak:
Perhaps you are right man... I don't know. From my point of view it is just easier to post in the shoutbox: It's there no matters in which part of the forum you are writing, and it reloads pretty often, so it's almost like chating.
Perhaps, we should start to autoregulate ourselves and open new topics every time the soutbox becomes saturated... with football for example :D

Markus:
Hi Aluqak,

no doubt the shoutbox is faster and more convenient. But it has its drawbacks as well: Due to the limited space we go less into detail, and interesting topics disappear out of sight so soon. :bawling:

I also wonder why so many people join us, but never post anything. Perhaps it's a good idea to say hello to them in the forums instead of the shoutbox? Perhaps that gets our new members to feel more comfortable here. Just an idea...

Cheers!

Markus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version