Main Forum > About Therion

Therion-related reading

<< < (2/15) > >>

Aluqak:
Hesse is one of my favorite authors and I've read Demian twice. Last time was like four months ago :). However, my favourite Hesse's book is the Steppenwolf ... it is not very Therion related but i found it less bland (the story itself) than Demian. On the other side, I agree that it could be Therion-related... the Mark of Cain, Abraxas, etc... I don't know if Thomas was directly inspered by it, or by a third source that also inspired Hesse. I'll read a little bit more about it to find out.

Another marginally Therion-related book: The art of Dreaming by Carlos Castaneda, it is a kind of novel with some insructions to control your dreams... In other words: Lucid Dreaming! It is very dark and hard to understand if you havn't read the previous Castaneda's books (starting with the teachings of Don Juan).

Markus:
You´re right in both cases, Aluqak. The story of "Demian" just seems to be a wrapping for the philosophical content. But I enjoyed the reading anyway, because of my curiosity and because of the good language use. And yes, there might be a third source that both Hesse and Karlsson quoted almost literally. But I have never heard of such a source before. In case you find anything, please let us know. :)

I thought about reading Castaneda, but always refrained from it. Would you recommend it?

Cheers!

Markus

Aluqak:
Yes, I would recommend Castaneda, especially the first four books. Not as Therion-related reading, but as something that might help you growth. The first book is very anthropological and not so good as the other three, but I think it is better if to start from the begining. The art of dreaming is among his last works, I read it pretty quickly... and well... I stick with the first four books.

Luth:
Mmmmhh... interesting. Although I don't have time now, I like this kind of reading if they are intelligent, and I like to learn from them... in a general sense. They help me to think about facts I use to not think usually. Well, some year I'll  try the Castaneda works   :ph34r:

Luth:
Ey Markus!

I don't use to download the books, but to buy them or borrow them in the public library but... as I've found it in emule, and I think it's no so easy to find in the library, and it's short...

Well, I'm downloading the Herman Hesse "Demian" (no sure if it's in english or spanish, but both would be ok for me). When I'll finish my Mark Haddon and my Saramago's books, I'll read it, I promise it!  :evil:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version