Author Topic: What do you think about esotericism?  (Read 4103 times)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
What do you think about esotericism?
« on: August 07, 2005, 10:16:31 pm »
It's well known that Christofer Johnsson and Thomas Karlsson are members of Dragon Rouge, an esoteric organization. Thus, Therion is closely related to DR or esoterism in general... so, I wonder what do you think about it. I certainly am not in this kind of things. I have nothing against it, except than I don't believe in it. I'm sure than humans can have more "mental powers" if we learn to use them, but not in the way that those organizations proclaim. But, as I know nothing about it, I won't talk more (I cannot judge what I don't know).

What about you? Are you interested in esoterism? Were you before knowing Therion or Therion made you be interested in it?

I love mythological reference in Therion lyrics, as well as the use of ancient languages, and I love how their music sounds and all the strange mix of elements they do. And I'm not annoyed if some of its members are in DR or whatever... but I find this fact an interessant thing to ask you.

WHAT DO YOU THING ABOUT???  :ph34r:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Izzie

• http://
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 11:32:24 pm »
I neither have something against it nor don't believe it. I think in this world, a lot of things (magical or whatever) can exist and happen. I read a part of the phylosophic subject in DR, should be interesting, however I didn't planned to join DR or whatever societies like that.

So i'm interested a bit but not that much for the moment (have a lot of things to do and my studies are the most important I think).

I've heard a few things before knowing Therion but more after knowing them.

I'm more fond of mythologies and languages, things which are very interesting and easy to find everywhere.
And i'm not bothered too if Therion (Chris and TK) are some of its members; they do what they want....
If they want to share with their fans what they know, experiences or whatever, why not?
Iza

www.matsleven.com
www.enslavedbymetal.com

Therion's forum member #1676
Matslevén member #16
Therion society member #249
NTSMS member #104
English killer member #2

Prepare the war between gods deep inside your soul ...

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
    • http://vargagrav.com
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 11:36:36 pm »
I totaly agree with you!
I'ts fun and interesting, but that's it!

You can make the magic work, but only in your mind...
thrugh meditation, astral travel...
But fizicly that is powerless....

But I bet that Ahriman would have very nice comments and debates about this topic...

I beleve that man can have some un-human power (mutation), but that is nothing you can reach thrugh your life, but you are born with it...

PS
Sory for shity-english I didn't have time to corect it using google :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 11:39:25 pm by deathdancer »
Life's a bitch... and than you die...

English killer member #3
Therion Society member

Offline Carlios

• http://
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 07:10:43 am »
I guess that if people like it, and if it works for them, they should do it...

As for me, I'm not interested in joining, or practicing hidden and occult magic and stuff like that

Que la Ancylotoma duodenale te Acompañe / May the Ancylostoma duodenale be with You[/b][/u][/size][/font]

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 02:01:35 pm »
I'll tell you my opinion when I read more about DR. But I like interesting and mystic stuff.