Author Topic: Activity in NTSMS  (Read 17090 times)

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
Activity in NTSMS
« on: November 03, 2011, 01:34:52 pm »
I know I am not a fine example to be bothering you about activity here on NTSMS cause I tend to come and go. I always want to read every topic so when I am not here more than few days or weeks I try to find some to read and reply to all the topics I missed since I was not here. But when I finally come there are rarely new topics or many posts.

So I was wondering who is active here. I have a few questions regarding that matter.

Who is active here?
Who is coming here from time to time? Who is just reading but not posting or using only shout box?
Do you use some programs to stay in touch with NTSMS members? Are you on facebook?

Are you in contact with some members and who? I'd like to be much more active and I'd like to see you too as well! I just miss you all here and live as well.

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
Re: Activity in NTSMS
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 01:42:11 pm »
Let me start. I am active from time to time so when I come I tend to make up for all missed time to reply on as many topics as I can, at least to those short ones for the beginning.

I have msn and skype but prefer msn. I can say that I talk very often to Lasse and Mystique (don't know if they are still active here). I used to talk to Eve (Diane) a lot a few years ago but I think she uses only facebook now, and I don't have a profile there (trying to avoid that). I am also in touch with deathdancer.

I have The One on Steam (gaming program) and since I bought new PC I might play some games with him but till now we haven't played anything together.

I have some other Therion forum/society members on msn and last.fm but we don't talk much.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 04:34:21 pm »
Hey folks,

I'm more or less active here. I try to take part in most of the discussions and to offer a thread or two, some news or some ideas every now and then. Admittedly there are times when my usual daily life doesn't leave me enough time (or rather mental capacity) to post as much as I'd like to. Still I will seem online even then because my computer is up and running most of the time with NTSMS on autoreload. :lol3:

And nah, I don't use any other platforms.

I've noticed, too, that the forum has become rather quiet recently. On my part this is because of the reasons mentioned above. What are yours? Anyway, I'd be happy to see something more going on here again. :)

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 08:11:29 pm »
Another "I appear here a lot but I'm absent or not active for most of the time" type  :lol3:

I've very few time left for the forum (and Internet itself) lately, but I try to read here and be active from time to time. I'm not sure I'm succeeding...  :tongue:

I'm in Facebook, but lately I'm less that I used. I keep a little in touch with Mystique, Eve, Kris "The NameShifter", VladH, One, Jota, Shelley... some more than others. And besides that, I don't use any other software or whatever. Well, I use a special software called "living with" to keep in touch with Xiquet, but I think it's another matter...  :innocent:

Hugs Offy.  :hug2:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 08:26:15 pm »
I use a special software called "living with" to keep in touch with Xiquet, but I think it's another matter... 
:roll:
But then again, who does.

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 08:59:07 pm »
Thank you for you quick response. I have a suggestion. Let us all call people that we are in touch with to come back here, that we are giving NTSMS new life  :) I am not talking about anyone new but people we all know and love  :)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 09:09:12 pm »
i tried several time ago with Eve... I'd like very much having her posting again! But I was not able to lure her to NTSMS again... I think I'll make a last try, with I'll not bug her too much  :lol3:
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 09:11:38 pm »
So I guess it's my turn now. :-)

Well with exception of recent pause I think of myself as a really active member of the forum. I actually think I have always been spending here more than it's healthy  :lol: (like: oh - go outside on fresh air!).

I use Miranda Instant Messanger client to gather Jabber and ICQ accounts but I don't have MSN there yet and I don't think I will cause then for example with Jorge when we want to share pics - Miranda would not be able to do it I think.

So I only use MSN client to contact Jorge :-) But I switch it on very seldom as he's my only friend there and 2 running instant. messag. clients make mess in my PC (it's near to death).

I have Facebook account and I also have Google Plus account (proud to notice that I was one of the first to have when it was still closed for the public  :biggrin: as I am so white and nerdy and have contacts in Google).

I am in contact with Kerstin by letters and by Facebook messages. With Esther and sometimes few words a year with Ereshkigal. :) As I said I also talk from time to time with Jorge.
I used to chat a lot in here with Lucy but we haven't been in a contact for while until now - when meeting again on the forum :-)

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 09:12:04 pm »
As I said already few times. I really miss Rick :(

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 09:14:31 pm »
Rick... where might he be?

And what about Fishy?

:bawl:

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 09:17:11 pm »
Maybe we should try to buy some bait to get Fishy back :( ?

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 12:27:24 am »
I do check the forum pretty often (About 8 or 9 times a week at least), but often don't write anything...  Damn you, university, damn you, video games, damn you, life, you're taking all my time! :ninja: I do however, read most of the posts.

I am on Facebook and have most of those who have Facebook from our community - these being Kris, Lucy, Shelley, Markus (who doesn't use it much), Luth, Eli, ViruS, Loke and... Well, if I missed anyone, I'm deeply sorry.

I use MSN every now and then, but the time has waned since I got Windows 7; I didn't really welcome the new interface that well... I do however have Mystique, Lucy, Kris, OFFy and a whole bunch of others in there.

I have OFFy on Steam (did you get Portal 2 yet? :biggrin:).

I have Mystique on Skype, though she rarely goes on (and rarely so do I...).

...And... I live close to nobody. :ninja:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 07:42:40 pm »
in my case it's like "I read and post a lot" or "I read and post when I have sth to say". Sometimes I have a period when I don't show up here, don't know why. I use Facebook, stopped using MSN some time ago, as well as skype and other stuff. Would be nice to play Heroes III over the net with some of you :whistle:

I hope you are not mad at me when I don't post anything..

It's all because I'm happy with my bf, spending a lot of time together (3-year-anniversary in 2 days) + I have to add my university (I don't have a job yet, looking for a new one). Ok, I admit, I play diablo 2 and watch House MD quite often too   :blush: :blush:

Offline Ignacio

• www.shusho.com.ar
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 05:15:41 pm »
Hi everyone,

I always check out the forum everyday, sadly been really busy or tired to reply or write anything lately and this is because we are reaching the end of the year and times like this are always a mess for me (works, lack of energy, commitments with friends, etc...)

I dont use any chat software actualy (got tired of it I think) except form the "chatbox" in Gmail. I have an account on facebook but dont really use it.

Also, I think that the low activity in the forum also is in relation with the lack of big news/tours from the band (apart form the board game).
Always in zugzuan.

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 12:09:14 pm »
I have OFFy on Steam (did you get Portal 2 yet? :biggrin:).

Not yet, too expensive, might wait for Christmas sale. Did you play coop?

What if he ate some of the members?  :ninja:

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 05:38:36 pm »

What if he ate some of the members?  :ninja:

Now that would be an explanation - but only if Fishy himself was still around, but sadly he isn't. :(

I don't know how much good it might do to contact the Old Ones in other ways... I'd just like to know why everybody is disappearing.

Cheers, anyway!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 11:22:23 pm »
Now that would be an explanation - but only if Fishy himself was still around, but sadly he isn't. :(

He ate everything and then at the end he ate himself.  :ninja:

I don't know how much good it might do to contact the Old Ones in other ways... I'd just like to know why everybody is disappearing.

That's why I started this topic. Now it's the time of Facebook, I think that forums are in general not that active anymore. People spend more time than ever online yet nobody has any time to read or write on forums. That's how I see it.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 07:57:23 pm »
Hey OFFy,

probably you're right about facebook - but there's no way I'm going to reveal much of myself to that data monster! I can't imagine NTSMS to really work on facebook; it would never reach the depth it has here. The fun part would work there, sure, but that's only half of NTSMS.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 09:11:06 pm »
Sure that Facebook, Twitter and whatever other Evil Sites has some fault... but a tiny one, I think!

For the Elders (Fishy, Rick...), I think they disappeared before FB was really important... and I'm sure it's not that the reason. I suppose that for everybody there's a "timing", a moment of your life when you feel like being very active, you participate a lot... and then, for whatever the reason (familly, job, lazyness), it wears off. For some people (like me) it's only temporary. For others, it is definitive  :bye:

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 08:09:10 pm »
Hello!

I'm definitely 'inactive'.  However, in posting that statement I find I've suddenly contradicted myself.   :ninja:

I have a facebook page, but never use it.  I don't keep in touch with anyone from the forum online (or indeed anyone from anywhere else online - apart from Jussi from Spiritus Mortis very occasionally)... it's exceptionally rare for me to be on MSN or anywhere else.

The exception has been some occasional contact with the Dark Queen herself Ereshkigal - she uses her mysterious dark magic to plant messages directly into my brain sometimes.  It was she who sent a message on the winds for me to check out that special topic of an exceptionally special nature.

I hope Aluqak gets here soon... he forgot this:

:fish:
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com