Author Topic: Babylon 5  (Read 17750 times)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Re: Babylon 5
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 09:56:16 pm »
These were the ones that introduced me to Star Trek world... If not the series (too naive and related to the time of their shooting), the movies...

Of course you can not like them, but remember...

:wicking: :wicking: :wicking:

:lol3:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 10:09:04 pm »
I want to watch the ST movies... but the whole TOS... maybe later :-)
But then again, who does.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 10:28:43 am »
Luth? What do You think of Lyta? The teeps? And about Talia? Tell me, is she going to appear again or no?
 :ninja:
Lyta had a little Vorlon.
Her skin was pale as snow
and everywhere that Lyta went
her Vorlon was sure to go.
:ninja:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 04:21:29 pm »
What do you mean about "teep"?  :unsure:

About Lyta, and Talia... I can't speak. I know more than you  :ninja:

But, when you finish the series, please, remind me I want to comment something about Talia with you  :whistle:
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 05:06:35 pm »
I meant telepaths :-) They call them slang "teeps" in English. Sorry I am still foregeting You watched it in Spanish :blush:

We just finished the 4th serie and movie "In the beginning" (about Earth-Minbari war)...

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011, 05:21:26 pm »
Ahhh... of course! As you said, I watchedit in Spanish... some day I'll fix that  :ninja:

And as I previoulsy stated... nothing to say until you finish the series  :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 04:57:34 pm »
Oh I see, she's getting involved with that fucking asshole Byron... I really don't like the group of teeps who have a colony at B5. And especially that gay Queen of Sheba (Saba) Byron. He's disgusting!

We watched pretty interesting epizod today - where the two new recruts of Anla'Shok went with Turval and the other Minbari to B5 and one of them - Tannier? Was hurt by the badass guys.
Lot's of info about the Anla'Shok ideas and doctrine... I would really need badly an Anla'Shok training session on Minbar.... aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh. I would love it.  :med2: :med2: :med2: :med2: :med2: :med2: :med2: :med2: :med2: :med2: :med2: :med2: :med2: :med2: :med2: :med2: :med2: :med2: :med2:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 05:05:55 pm »
Ahhh... you met the Byron guy... I see!

I will tell you no more... mmmhh...  :med2:

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2011, 05:36:52 pm »
We just saw the episode with the Brakiri festival Day of the Dead! I noticed in the beginning that it was written by Neil Gaiman what made me  :blink: :blink: :blink:
It was wonderful! Wish I could experience the festival too. I wonder what dead person would appear to me.
What do You think for Yourself, Luthy?

And the message by the Kosh... and the Zoot talk to Sheridan which he shared with G'Kar. Really Gaimanish :ninja:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2011, 08:16:05 pm »
I remember the fact that a dead person appears to each of the members who are in the part of the ship marked... but I don't remember the full episode. Neither I realized it was written by Neil Gaiman  :blink: . But it really makes sense... doesn't it?  :ninja: 

What was the message by Kosh? Can you help me remember, please?  :roll-eyes:

Well... everybody would see a different person... I think I might know who for me, but who knows? Unluckily or not, I won't know (unless I suddenly appear on board of Babylon 5 any day  :evil2: ).

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2011, 08:25:33 pm »
I don't really remember... it was something about going back to the begininng when he comes (Sheridan) to the end... or something like that?

Oh, wish I could appear aboard Babylon 5. :-)

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2011, 08:32:36 pm »
Have you already seem the Khaza'dum episode, haven't you? I don't know if it can be related to or not...

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2011, 08:47:09 pm »
Oh yes, I did - the one where Sheridan "died" with Lorien? Yes... that's already quite a long time ago. We are now about in a half of the final season.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2011, 05:29:59 pm »
We are approaching the semi-final episode tomorrow. Everybody leaving my beloved Babylon now :( G'Kar with Lyta, Garibaldi with his wife Lise... Marcus dead and Ivanova gone... Dr. Franklin heading to Earth, Londo Mollari closed in the darkness of his own planet knowing the terrible things to be done but having no choice... Delenn and Sheridan leaving soon to Minbar (I am bit envious about that. I would love to visit Minbar  :wub:  ).

Very depressing.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 06:00:27 pm »
Oooh... now, it's the time of saying good-bye, then! Sad, but joyfull too, as you have lived so many important thing with them. And you still have the movies and cross-overs and books... All the latter stuff I have still to enjoy  :evil2:

PS. Yep, I'm going to go off-topic now, but it was funny. I was thinking I have to post some thing I've just come across the Internet, but did not know where to post it. Then, I thought: "it's not Babylon related, but it may fit a little there...". I entered NTSMS and... voilà! Here I have the topic!!

I know you're not into Star Trek: TOS. I respect that, of course. But I like it, and I have some special favourite characters and actors. Leonard Nimoy (Spock) and Nichelle Nicholls (Uhura) are two of them, for sure. Another one is George Takei (Sulu). Well... I did know nothing of his personal life, but I've just discovered, following the link to a video that lead me to another video, that George Takei is a big supporter of some human rights and gay organization. I also learned that he and his partner were the first (or one of the first) couples to get married in Western America when the law allowed it. I've seen some videos of him (talking in a perfect understanable English, by the way) responding to a homophobic words made by public people. So nicely said! He has a great sense of humor, of dignity... I can't do but admire him even more!

A campaign against a stupied law about forbidding saying the word "gay".

I can only bow to him.

Have I said he has a great sense of humor?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:02:22 pm by Luth »

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2011, 07:04:28 pm »
Kris... I must understand you've finished all the seasons right now, don't you? Now, I can tell you a thing I wanted to share... a "flaw" in the plot. Or perhaps not... perhaps the "mystery" is unveiled in the movies or in Crusade. Perhaps you have wondered about it, perhaps not... Read below...

I can't remember the seaon, but there's a moment when Talia Winters is required in a negotiation between Kosh and a weird little man. The chat is absolutely senseless, and Talia understands nothing. When she leaves, the little man gives something to Kosh, and it seems as if it is Talia's thoughts, or something similar... When she transforms into the new Psi Corps character, I thought: "Oooooh, it's that! Some day Kosh will return the real Talia to life because he kept her through that conversation!".

Ok, the thing is: nothing of that happens. That episode, the weird negotation, has no further meaning as far as I remember. And real Talia dies. Do you think it's an error in the script? Perhaps it was written and even filmed, but by any reason it was finally cut fromt the airing? Or this plot will be closed in a movie or Crusade? It's no usual for Babylon 5 to open a door and not closing it.

When I saw it last time (the whole series) I did think about another flaw in the plot like that one, but now I can't remember which one. If you can think of anything, please tell me!  :ninja:

PS. Oh my... looking for Talia in the Wiki, I've discovered the reason:

"The exchange between Kosh and Abbut, monitored by Talia Winters in the episode, "Deathwalker", was to provide a means of how Kosh would have eventually restored Talia to her real personality using the data recorded by Abbut. However, the departure of Andrea Thompson, the actress playing Talia, at the end of the second season meant that this would never be put into motion."

Nevertheless... if you find the other flaw, tell me  :fish:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:10:14 pm by Luth »

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2011, 07:40:09 pm »
Sorry, I did not read it. ... I still refuse to watch the last two episode of the 5th season.  :ninja: I don't want it to end  :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2011, 07:54:02 pm »
Ha, ha, ha... some day you will have to end, dear  :hug2:

Anyway, what I talk about has already happened, you can read with no fear. I wanted to wait until the very last episode because it's about something I thought it could get a solution, and I did realize it had not when the series ended. But I also discovered the reason now...  :spock:

Do as you wish. But watch the chapters. You still have the movies and Crusade and books, don't you?  :fish:

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2011, 07:46:56 pm »
Still no change. But I am almost there!!!

Until then...

:roll:

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2012, 09:48:07 pm »
Just a silly thing to be noted... my new notebook end up with  name Sharlin.  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: It was supposed to be a name of my most beloved character but... I found it too silly and I was to shy to do it in front of my bf (such a personal matter!!!)  :lol3:

The last episode I still haven't seen is planned to be watched in Zürich :ninja: I heard a rumour though. Saying that Marcus is a new Jesus.