Main Forum > Enter the voids of the OT-forum

Johanna Fahkry

(1/2) > >>

Luth:
I'll update it later, but  Johanna Fahkry, the lebanese belly dancer for both Therion and Orphaned Land, has been threatened to death for dancing in Hellfest with Orphaned Land (an Israeli band) and for showing the Lebanon flag together with the israeli one at the end of the show.

I've just found these statements from her and Kobi Fahri. There is a support group in Facebook, too.

More information about it.

It's really sad :(

PS. I'm at work, I'll write it longer when I'm at home.

Markus:
That's terrible and upsetting! I mean it's not like she spread a message of hatred, to the contrary - it's a message of reconciliation! How can one be dumb enough to mistake that for betrayal?!

Let's hope that she won't get physically harmed. Is it clear who exactly made that threat?

Best regards

Markus

Persephone:
She's very brave and I am very worried about her :(

The One:
She's got my support. Definitely.

And based on what I've learned and seen, politicians here in the Middle East aren't able of doing anything right (or wrong for that matter) without making a huge fuss about it. And they can't accept change without resentment. To this very day for example, Egyptians stigmatize the peace their country has with Israel.

Markus:
Isn't it Ramadan, an occasion for a daily dose of extra prayers? Let them go like this: "In the name of God, the merciful one: May I become just a little less stupid and just a little less assholish. Oh Lord, teach me not to abuse thy holy name as a cover for my hatred and my little fancies of power!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version