Author Topic: Blind Guardian  (Read 14996 times)

Offline Darksong

Blind Guardian
« on: June 04, 2006, 01:25:36 pm »
Blind Guardian is my favourite band,but I don't know about you.
What is your opinino about them?
Do you listen to them?
How long?
When started?
Why not?...Etc!
Please tell me.Thank you

:party43: Valhalla,Deliverance,would you ever forgot me? :party43:
Hera thee,
Hear my tunes!
Sang from cliffs,
Sang from dunes,
Sang in sorrow...
Sang in rage...
May it fills holes hollow!
May it fills hearts in cage!
In Valhalla thy Journey ends...

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
Blind Guardian
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 01:35:39 pm »
BG is my very first heavy band, with Rhapsody. At first it was "too heavy" for me, but very soon I discovered I enjoy their music more than Rhapsody... my taste quickly improved  :evil:

If not because of them, maybe I never had researched for more metal bands, therefore I would never discovered Therion. I think they're really great! And I envy so much a friend of mine who has interviewed them for a Spanish metal site. ARRRGGGGGG!!!!!! (he interviewed Rage too... lucky bastard!!!  :ph34r: ).

To finish, I want to say that it was hard for me to get used to their last album, A Night At The Opera, as it's too much overloaded, but finally I forced my ears to enjoy it. What will happen with their new future album, which is going to be released soon?
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline deathdancer

• Revolution Leader
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • So sexy
    • http://vargagrav.com
Blind Guardian
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 04:52:17 pm »
BG was one of my first bands.
I started with HammerFall, than Rhapsody, and then BG.
At first I didn't think anything specialy about them, but after i listened to Nightfall in Middle-Earth, i was inlove.

I don't listen to it much tho, because i just got tired of it... i listened it too much...
That's why I never let myselfe listen to Therion too much. I don't want it to get boring, I want it to be as fantastic as it was when i started listening to it.
Life's a bitch... and than you die...

English killer member #3
Therion Society member

Offline Diane

• Metal Mommy
  • Loyal Member
    • Last FM
Blind Guardian
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 02:17:20 am »
I also like BG.  I think I like Forgotten Tales the best...   there are oldie cover songs on it.

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
  • Loyal Dreamer
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
Blind Guardian
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 02:31:11 pm »
I love Nightfall In Middle Earth, the most complete album imo.

Offline Darksong

Blind Guardian
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 03:19:24 pm »
Somwhere and A night!
Yeah!
Luth,get your friend to meet him,and then arrange some "interview" with BG in his name!
Night is my first of their albums,and onlky Album which i "dislike"(to say like that )is Follow The Blind,except Banish From Sanctuary and Valhalla!!Yeaaaaeeaeae
Hera thee,
Hear my tunes!
Sang from cliffs,
Sang from dunes,
Sang in sorrow...
Sang in rage...
May it fills holes hollow!
May it fills hearts in cage!
In Valhalla thy Journey ends...

Offline Nighthawk

• Life on Mars?
    • Lust.fm
Re: Blind Guardian
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 10:51:57 pm »
Hardcore BG fan.

Imaginations and Nightfall, obviously, but there's something about Somewhere and Tales... and, oh, A Night and A Twist.

I didn't really say much, did I?

I have a sort of Hansi-fetish, so, for me, Flesh of the Gods is... beyond words.

HANSI! *explodes*
Can't stop the signal.

Offline Elena

• Princess Dream Weaver
  • Loyal Dreamer
    • nemesis corner
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 01:58:36 pm »
I´m a "Guardian"-Fan for halv of my life or even longer - I started with "Somwhere" and still find it one of the best albums ever - I love all their albums, but best I would name Somwhere and NIME then Twist and Forgotten Tales however, I can´t stop playing A Twist in the Myth :) By now I also joined at least two of their concerts  :yeha:
Life it what happens while you wait for your dreams
Joy and beauty dance where open eyes meet
Fortune does not mean to have the best of everything, but to make of everything the best
She loves him more than he would ever now, he loves her more than he would ever show

Never ever victim

Offline melchiah131

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 12:50:22 pm »
I love Nightfall In Middle Earth, the most complete album imo.

I agree with you there  :thumbup:

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 07:39:01 pm »

BG is mmm...

one of the few bands in the genre not heavily influenced by Dream Theater and the like. This band avoids the heavy chordal riffing that is the trademark of metal, which is definitely a nice change of pace. However, the druming and som of the lead vocals take on some of the traits of metal: heavy on the bass drumming, occasional attempts on the part of the vocalist to sing in a register he can't quite hit. When the vocalist isn't screeching, though, the choruses that make up most of the singing are immense-sounding and powerful (in some places the harmonies remind me of Echolyn, but that's an odd impression, I think). BG sounds almost like a rock opera, with its grand instrumentations, huge vocal harmonyes, and Tolkien-based concept. Some of the melodies show diverse influenes, some perhaps drawn from folky sources. organized somewhat uniquely: between the "songs" themselves are short cuts which are probably meant to advance some kind of story - they are mostly either narration (voice acted tolerably, though some might find these overly pretentious) or brief medieval, minstrel-sounding pieces. I think these kind of break up the flow of music and end up being little more than an annoyance. Nevertheless, a good choice for someone looking for something a little different when it comes to metal.

He hehe , please consider that Nightfall in Middle-Earth is the only album ive heard

yo yo yo :)

Scripta Manet

Offline Nighthawk

• Life on Mars?
    • Lust.fm
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 10:58:29 pm »
He hehe , please consider that Nightfall in Middle-Earth is the only album ive heard
Yeah, we got that  :biggrin:

At first I didn't, so I was gonna say that BG isn't just a tolkienesque band, but rather an all-around SF&F band (although I haven't read Otherland, glimpsing at it I got the impression of science fiction rather than full frontal fantasy). Tolkien is a big influence, of course, but not all of their songs that mention orcs are about LotR - hell, a lot of fantasy settings feature orcs. Apart from LotR, Hansi is also a big Dark Tower fan, which is evident not only in their 1992 album Somewhere Far Beyond (the title song is directly related with The Gunslinger, the first of the DT books) but also in Hansi's side project with Jon Schaffer, Demons & Wizards, namely their second album which is mostly about the Dark Tower (and a beautiful album at that, stunningly on target in its interpretation of the series).

Blind Guardian is a fantasy freak's wet dream come true, really. Well, if that freak's a metalhead as well or at least likes to hear a good guitar now and then and doesn't mind the faster pace. Even if he does, BG has some beautiful ballads (need I mention The Bard's Song?).

The funny thing is, you don't fully appreciate Blind Guardian and their music until you start reading the books that inspire them.

And the Tower is closer...
Can't stop the signal.

Offline darkcroc

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 04:19:37 pm »
This band is awesome, i like it a lot it is not my favourite, but etill is awesome

Offline panx

• The mad scientist
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 11:54:11 pm »
i dont really like blind guardian  :P they didnt play any song from their best album (a night at the opera) when i saw them live  >:(

probably their singer is just not capable to reproduce any material from there live  ;D

Offline darkcroc

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 01:46:35 pm »
This group is awesome, I like it so much, the only thing I can say is that blind guardian is a great band