Author Topic: Alcohol  (Read 15967 times)

Offline Lady Sa'iltu

• Do What Thou Wilt...
Alcohol
« on: January 13, 2009, 07:27:02 pm »
Do you drink it? What alcoholic drinks do you like? How often do you drink? And so on))).

As for me, I don't like alcohol at all. You will laugh but I drank only wine... And only 2 times in my life ;).
So I don't like drinking, I hate to be drunken or to be among drunken ones and I can't stand alcoholics! Of cause, I have nothing against those who hardly ever drink alcohol, but there're many guys who're always drunken. :pop: :pop: :pop:
"Die gewöhnlichsten Irrschlüsse der Menschen sind diese: eine Sache existiert, also hat sie ein Recht." (F. Nietzsche)

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
Re: Alcohol
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 09:38:25 pm »
Ok, to be honest, I am a casual (underage) drinker. I'm not into it, and being intoxicated isn't too fun. (Had some firsthand experience on my last birthday)
What I occasionally like to drink is some vodka, champagne, sweeter wines, and cocktails. :innocent:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 10:53:45 am »
Beer - only Laško in Slovenia, otherwise Guiness. Whiskey, Borovničke,Orehovec.. (dunno how to translate this)..Cream Whiskey..Puschkin - Black Sun...I prefer sweeter white wines..vodka.. I don't like it coz it's tasteless unless you mix it with some very good juice or smth..and than I prefer to buy some very expensive wine than vodka..
 I drink often.. but never to get drunk.. I drink just as much as far I feel I'm still sober and able to do anything without any strange feeling.. I drink for taste.. for pleasure.. never to get happy and to relax and not to think about everyday problems.. every day I've got another obligation. I don't have time to get drunk.. next day I have to work and live..I was like this once that I got drunk for no reason ..I never cared about tomorrow.. now my life is planned till the last detail.. I can not afford to oversleep in the morning..  :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 10:55:23 am by saphira »
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline panx

• The mad scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 11:58:24 am »
siren ... a sober russian? now thats weird  :ninja: joke joke  :biggrin:

i myself drink like once a week, im a good boy now. in the past when i was young and ... well ... stupid ... i got drunk more often  :drunk: my favourite drink is wine (white wine mixed with apple juice yum) and beer when its not so freakin cold. as for stronger drinks, borovnickeee (thats a sweet liqueur made of blueberries) and occasional spirits like travarica, viljamovka etc. (just to get me warmed up of course  8))

Offline Lady Sa'iltu

• Do What Thou Wilt...
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 03:03:00 pm »
Oh, yeah, it's a very popular myth that Russians are always drunken. It's not so true! True, maybe, only for small countries (there're really a lot of hard drinker), but I live in a big city, and in general people here drink not very often. Of cause, there're alcoholics, too, but not many. :D
"Die gewöhnlichsten Irrschlüsse der Menschen sind diese: eine Sache existiert, also hat sie ein Recht." (F. Nietzsche)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 05:10:52 pm »
Hi there,

I don't see anything wrong with drinking alcohol as long as you don't overdo it and as long as you don't let it slip out of hand.

What I like to drink depends on the occasion: Dry red wine with a good meal or on a nice evening, sparkling wine or even Champagne - dry at least, or better brut - to open any festivities, beer, mead or absinthe with certain friends of mine. :ninja: I'm not much into sweet wines, because the sugar covers up much of the finer tastes and flavours; I like my wine dark, rich and heavy.

Cheers!  :drunk:

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 08:49:33 pm »
I can say I started drinking alcohol very late... besides some very few wine glasses, I haven't tasted it until 18 more or less. Now I enjoy wine the most (red wine mostly, but I enjoy white wine too and even rosé one). I only drink beer if it's a "clara" (beer with lemon juice), as I don't enjoy too much the taste, but lately I'm into some soft (soft taste, I mean) beers, as Coronita and Baltika 9 (a very alcoholic Russian beer but very soft in its taste  :innocent: ). I drink from time to time vodka with orange, Bacardy or Malibu with pineapple...

I never get drunk... only once in all my life: it was the New Year's celebration some years ago, and I drank too much. Not as to fall on the street puking and not remember what I did the following day, but enough to leave me a stomach wanting to throw the 1st of January.... Never ever again! I don't drink to feel more open or anything similar... I simply enjoy a good wine or other drinks  :wink2:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 03:06:10 pm »
Let's see....I usually drink beer, and mostly it's Light beer.

I do it like on weekends with friends, and only twice a month aproximately. I don't like to be drunk, because I hate hang overs, but when we are with friends having  a good time, when I realize I'm already feeling a bit funny XD.

I hate rum, vodka is not my fav either. Wine is nice, although it's a bit more expensive here and don't drink it very often.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 03:12:42 pm »
To be honest - I don't like to drink alcohol.

Only sometimes when it's fresh summer evening I am able to have one or two beers with my friends. :)
But then again, who does.

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 03:31:58 am »
I like beer. My favourite beers are the black ones, like Negra Modelo, León, Bohemia (all from Mexico). I love the beers from Germany, Belgium and Ireland. I´m not a fan of other alcoholic drinks, except for the red wine. I like Mexican alcoholic traditional drinks like Pulque, Tepache, Garañona, etc.

I drink often but i don´t get drunk often, except yesterday hahahaha  :evil2:
6 6 6

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 08:15:28 am »
I've been used to drink absynthe for a period... it was fun. :) Now I don't really like alcohol, I drink very seldom, mostly sweet and tasty things like cocktails. I like to go to Belgian beer pubs with my friends, I like their fruit- or honey-flavoured beers too. Once I had a beer cocktail - that was strong!

I should be a fan of tokaji wines, since my father was born in Tokaj... well, they are good indeed.

I hate champagne.

My favourite drink is tea. :blush:

Offline panx

• The mad scientist
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 11:28:55 am »
shit folks what happened to the rocknroll attitude? are you all some ethereal enlightened entities who dont do psychotropic substances at all? lol by the number of people who state they drink like a glass of wine every 2 years it certainly seems so.

Offline VladH

• Shapeshifter
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Dead
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 12:57:36 pm »
Black Velvet - Bismarck's favourite drink

OK... besides his influence on history he made a great impact in the world of alcohol

From this year I can't imagine a party without this one.

OK, so here is the recipe:
50% of champage (or similar russian, bulgarian, french wine)
50% of porter beer

:drunk:

The Longships are coming...

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 02:20:52 pm »

I like to drink tea too! But at winter time I usualy make it with a little bit of rhum :P
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline Lady Sa'iltu

• Do What Thou Wilt...
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 07:05:06 pm »
I also like tea - only sugar free. But my favourite drink is coffee - the same, without sugar.

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 08:52:37 pm »
A dark cold Beer  :wOOt:  :drunk:
6 6 6

Offline Ereshkigal

• Dark Queen
    • http://matsleven.com/, catarsis-metalera.com, metalcritico.com
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 10:04:28 pm »
Reminds me, there is a drink here which I think is probably more coming from Mexico

They mix your favorite beer (works great with Corona), they put lemon, spices, Worcestershire Sauce, hot sauce and salt on the edge of the glass, and add cubes of ices.

Man, it's like one of the most refreshing drinks, and has a combination of acid salty flavors which are raelly softened by the beer. It's called a Michelada Jalisco. I know it sounds disgusting  ;D, but trust me, it's delicious, specially in hot summer days  :drunk:

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 10:05:14 pm »
Okej, I forgot something. I like one drink - Campari with grapefruit juice
But then again, who does.

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 05:07:54 pm »
By the looks of it, I'm pretty much one of the most alcoholic members of the forum  :insane: My dad kind of "taught" us (me and my sisters) to drink ever since we were kids - a veeery little bit of wine, and such. Enough to get us used to it and not get drunk straight off from a beer as teenagers  :lol3:

Nowdays... I enjoy almost all good quality alcohol, depending on the occasion, and I even thought of taking a bar tending course!  :wOOt: My faves are... well, yeah, ice-cold chilled beer (Heineken, Leffe - blonde or dark), wine (I like both red and white, as long as it's high quality, preferably dry), tequila (a party without tequila is... not a party   ^_^), but besides those, I loooove cocktails! Oh, and for those of you who are on facebook... you might have seen some After Shock madness!  :innocent:
Kris: I like Campari too! Usually with orange juice, but grapefruit goes nicely too!

Anyway... do not brand me as needing the 12 steps. I have never ever got drunk beyond reason, the last time I got even near to being drunk was in Turkey, at the vet students congress - every country brought specific food and booze, and I tasted a bit of each (hardcore drinking!). The result was... being a bit dizzy  :drunk:

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline VladH

• Shapeshifter
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Dead
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 09:50:23 am »
I bang my head to sleep with a bottle of bourbon hell...

I bought myself a bottle of whisky... pure on rocks tastes delicious...  :ninja:
The Longships are coming...