Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: DVDs  (Read 5740 times)

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • RebornThroughHate-We'llSlashYour NecksUntilYouDie
DVDs
« on: April 03, 2006, 10:47:51 pm »
Sorry for a halfway serious poll, but the new Therion release got me thinking...

Do you watch music DVDs?
voces muy confusas entran en la mente!!!
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
DVDs
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 10:50:56 pm »
I've voted "Occasionally". In fact, I've downloaded several metal DVDs (Rage, Blind Guardian...), but I've had no time to watch them.

But I'll do. And, of course, I'll watch 100000 times the CoB  :ph34r:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
DVDs
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 10:57:20 pm »
I voted for "Never".

I have well over a thousand CDs, but I have less than 10 music DVDs.  I find that I never watch 'em.  I don't know why -  those DVDs that I have are by my favourite bands, but I still never watch 'em.

I guess it's coz these days I listen to music either in the car or when I'm at home doing something else (work, or time on PC etc), so I don't ever go out of my way to put a DVD on in the background.

Plus, most DVDs tend to be Live, and I find that generally Live releases interest me least by any band (actually being there is another matter!  :D ).

Therefore 'Celebrators Of Becoming' just will not make it onto my list of purchases - because I simply won't ever watch it. No other reason.

Are you as disinterested as me :huh: , or genuinely excited about it?  :iconmi77kl:

I'm interested to hear anyone else on this!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 10:58:32 pm by Sirius13 »
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
DVDs
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 10:58:56 pm »
I also answered occasionally.... and only because "rarely" was not in the options. I have only two or three DVD's and have watched them only once :huh:. I don't know... I just prefer to listen to the music alone and let my head drift than to have all the information (image+sound) in front of me. And it goes the same for music videos.

[Edit:]
Oh! forgot to answer the second part:
Honestly, I don't know if I'll buy CoB, and If I do it will be probably because of the two CD's (which I can put in my mp3-player and listen to them during my travels) and to have my Therion collection completed... but I'm far of being a serious music collector.
Sooo, I think it will finally depend on the amount of money I'll have with me when it arrives to the shops here in Canada.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 11:40:32 pm by Aluqak »
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Sirius13

• R.I.P.
  • Loyal Dreamer
DVDs
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 11:00:56 pm »
I also answered occasionally.... and only because "rarely" was not in the options. I have only two or three DVD's and have watched them only once :huh:. I don't know... I just prefer to listen to the music alone and let my head drift than to have all the information (image+sound) in front of me. And it goes the same for music videos.
[snapback]8211[/snapback]
Same as me, exactly!  So, will you get CoB?
www.spiritusmortis.com

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
DVDs
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 11:06:54 pm »
Same as me, exactly!  So, will you get CoB?
[snapback]8212[/snapback]
Hey, hey ... you are to fast for me man :D ... just a sec... [editing previous post]
There you go, now you can look at my previous [and edited] post. :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 11:09:42 pm by Aluqak »
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
DVDs
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 08:57:31 am »
Hi there,

I will probably the DVD set. Not because I'm a great DVD fan but because I'm quite a Therion fan. I'm interested in seeing their old material, the "Golden Embrace" movie, the backstage stuff. I'm curious about that, and that's my reason.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
DVDs
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 09:30:22 am »
I have seen only some bands' DVDs like Blind Guardian and Nightwish. I love to watch videos of bands I like.

And I will preorder CoB!

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
DVDs
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 12:09:38 pm »
I've watched some music DVDs (Nightwish, etc), but very rarely.
I liked "End of Innocence" because it was so damn funny: dead drunk bandmembers talking Soumi and such  :evil:

Anyway, I'll buy CoB because I saw Therion live just once (and I'd like to see atmosphere from other concerts) and for the backstage material, of course.

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.