Author Topic: Olympics in China  (Read 5223 times)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Olympics in China
« on: August 08, 2008, 02:17:31 pm »
Hi folks,

I'm watching the opening celebration of the Olympics in Beijing.

It's kinda spectral: The show itself is beautiful. All these nations peacefully together, beautiful images in the show scenes and simply amazing fireworks. (Did you notice the firework-smileys?). But then again we all know about the horrors that are surely going on behind the scenes and in the rest of the country.

I'm curious what you think.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
Re: Olympics in China
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 04:54:17 pm »
I liked pretty much the 2008 persons doing the martial arts (tai chi i donĀ“t remember what). Super coordinated people.
6 6 6

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 07:10:16 pm »
I didn't watch it... But seriously, there's loads of issues currently going on. Not only in China, but worldwide.
I mean, as far as I know, they didn't allow a few teams to go to the Olympics due to "issues" with their countries. I believe it was Iraq this year... But if that's the case, the United States should be also not allowed to go. :ninja:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 07:31:53 pm »
yes, Markus, you're right.
For me it was weird watching such a spectacular show and seeing all those nations which seemed so friendly and, may I say, united, together knowing how many problems stand behind all of it...

but nevertheless, the show really was beautiful... amazing... I love watching openings and closings of Olympics...they're always spectacular
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline Elizabeth

• The Elf
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Ahava le haim!
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/narwen0/
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 07:45:09 pm »
I mean, as far as I know, they didn't allow a few teams to go to the Olympics due to "issues" with their countries. I believe it was Iraq this year...

Iraq is present at the Olympics, and so are Iran and Afghanistan  :)

Thanks Tequila!

I don't trust astrology, because I'm a Gemini and Geminis don't trust astrology. Raymond Smullyan.

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 08:24:29 pm »
I mean, as far as I know, they didn't allow a few teams to go to the Olympics due to "issues" with their countries. I believe it was Iraq this year...

Iraq is present at the Olympics, and so are Iran and Afghanistan  :)
Well, I'm a bit outdated anyway. :biggrin:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 10:14:49 am »
As for me.. I watched a bit.. liked the show.. liked the fireworks.. even thou I'm waiting for an complainment from environmental departments because of it.. but all in all Olympics are a good excuse for selling weapons...biological weapons... oil.. buy half of the country (China) buy half or more of politicians living in China.. maybe I'm looking at it too much...with fear or smth.. but I can not help myself not to see in such events only corruption..
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!