Main Forum > Music Topic

Not metal music you like.

<< < (2/8) > >>

Nighthawk:
The list *is* a bit too long to post here in all its glory, but, ruffly, my favorite non-metal acts:

Pink Floyd - Gilmour's esoteric solos and Waters' angst-ridden and yet thoughtful lyrics do it for me every time.

Blue Öyster Cult - 'cause the clock strikes twelve and moondrops burst... like acid and oil on a madman's face. And so forth.

Rush - Give me more of that Neil Peart goodness!

Simon & Garfunkel - My favorite gay couple. Simon rocks my world even when Art isn't there to grope his ass so he can sing higher notes. (Or was it some other part of his body? Meh. Not really important, I guess.)

King Crimson - Chaotic and charismatic at the same time. Give me more of that Robert Fripp goodness!

Led Zeppelin - Turn the Page and follow the Plant on your Stairway to Heaven.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - There's something about Beethoven's Last Night...

Ludwig van Beethoven - There's something about Beethoven...

A Perfect Circle - More emo than Tool, still full of Maynard goodness.

The Sisters of Mercy - Andrew. Eldritch. 'Nuff said.

Fields of the Nephilim - Aaah, a descent into the maelstrom. Bring on the bats.

Mike Oldfield - One of my favorite artists - not because I hail his name on a daily basis or because I have all his albums - but because the man has style.

Nick Cave - 'cause the man's a freakin' legend.

The White Stripes - 'cause Jack's back. In black. Heart-attack. With a big rack.

Yeah.

I'll stop now.

Stevie Ray Vaughan - 'cause the man sounds nice.

Little Pigeon's ForHill Blues - 'cause Goluban can pack a punch.

Laufer - 'cause Cro rock has a few good bands.

R.E.M. - 'cause it's the end of the world as we know it (And I feel fine)

Aw, damn it, this is getting to be out of control.

Yeah... so, anyway... and then some.

lavaniegosII:
What about the early days of Pink Floyd with Syd Barret? Awesome albums for me. Songs like take up thy stethoscope and walk, lucifer sam, astronomy domine!, a saucerful of secrets!, set the controls of the heart of the sun!!.

Nighthawk:

--- Quote from: lavaniegosII on January 02, 2007, 07:40:07 am ---What about the early days of Pink Floyd with Syd Barret? Awesome albums for me. Songs like take up thy stethoscope and walk, lucifer sam, astronomy domine!, a saucerful of secrets!, set the controls of the heart of the sun!!.

--- End quote ---
Damn, ashamed I forgot to mention Syd.

*hits head repeatedly with yesterday's paper*

You forgot Bike :wink2:

Yeah. And Syd.

I love all the eras of Pink Floyd, but that central one, the DSOTM period (so to speak), is just poetical perfection.

That does not, of course, exclude The Wall (for which I have a demented sense of love), The Piper at the Gates of Dawn and so on...

Damn, I forgot to mention Syd.  ¬¬

lavaniegosII:
The central masterpieces of Pink Floyd for me are Atom heart mother and Animals.  :drunk:

Nighthawk:

--- Quote from: lavaniegosII on January 02, 2007, 07:26:14 pm ---The central masterpieces of Pink Floyd for me are Atom heart mother and Animals.  :drunk:

--- End quote ---
Atom Heart Mother. I love Atom Heart Mother.

I... I have a special relationship with the cow on the cover.

I really really love Atom Heart Mother.

Atom Heart Mother

U! U! Did I mention Jethro Tull? Ian Anderson

When I think of Budapest.... *shivers*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version