Author Topic: Daily chit-chat  (Read 282688 times)

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
Re: Daily chit-chat
« Reply #620 on: July 22, 2013, 09:31:44 pm »
I hope so... I hope they won't send me away. And I would finally find out my blood type :)
But then again, who does.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #621 on: July 23, 2013, 03:57:43 pm »
I'm crossing my fingers for that, Kris!

BTW, yesterday I saw how large the gap between a good deed and good guy may be: There was a young blood donor there who received a bar of chocolate like every other donor and gave it to a little girl some other lady had with her. What a good person, you might think! However, curious as I am, I googled for the meaning of his tattoo, which said "14 words".

That's a racist credo. :yuck: :vomit:

Cheers to you!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #622 on: July 23, 2013, 04:13:40 pm »
It's causing so mixed emotions in me. I'm trying to see it as "bad guys also have good deeds" but I feel something like adviceless... :)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #623 on: July 23, 2013, 07:59:27 pm »
I see it the other way around, Lucy: An apparently good deed may come from a foul source. Would he have donated blood if it wasn't for the precious white people in our country? (The organisation states that the blood is used in our vicinity mainly.) Would he have given the chocolate to a dark-skinned child? I think he wasn't set on helping humans but on helping white humans only, which takes a lot of value from those deeds in my eyes.

Cheers to you!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #624 on: July 23, 2013, 08:02:35 pm »
I do not dare to judge him as I did not see him. The tattoo might had been a mistake of stupid young mind and now he might already regret. You never know. It is not so easy to get rid of the tattoo either.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #625 on: July 23, 2013, 08:17:51 pm »
That's a good point, Kris. I was being too fast. Of course, these few impressions were all I had to get, and if I had anything to do with him I wouldn't base a serious judgement on this little information - I'd just try to talk to him in that case. Still I was too fast - and yet I can't get that thought out of my head that good deeds can come from - and conceal - very nasty ideas.

Thank you all for your interesting thoughts! :)

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #626 on: July 23, 2013, 08:36:26 pm »
Interesting thoughts, all of them! You've made me to remember something from my Secondary School days: there was a guy who had some ideas totally wrong to me. Not exactly racist, but what we call "fascist"... or centralist in the worst way. Hard to explain, but very "Spain is a unity and Catalans and other nationalities are an invention; the only valid thing is Spain and who thinks the contrary is a separatist and stupid and deserves to be crushed down". I might say, ideas I think are simple-minded, and usually come from people near to Franco regime (or its evolution). Ok, the thing that amazed me the most was he was such a good person: always ready to help anyone, a really kind person. It was really upsetting to me.

I suppose some people have a natural tendencies, towards kindness or towards cruelty... and family, environment, etc., can fill their head with some (in my opinion) wrong and nasty ideas. I don't know if that's the case you're telling us, Markus. Perhaps it's as Kris said... an error from young age. Or perhaps it's that he has a natural tendency to kindness, but he's been involved with wrong people, and still is... Who knows?  :blink:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #627 on: July 23, 2013, 08:44:21 pm »
Another interesting thought, Luth! But I daresay that it only offers an explanation - it doesn't change anything about his responsibility. It's everybody's own choice whether to follow one's natural tendencies and the views of one's environment - or to try to find out what's right and what's wrong and to act accordingly.

BTW, those "14 words" are about securing a future for our white children... That makes it easier to understand why the situation disgusted me so much, doesn't it?

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #628 on: July 23, 2013, 09:41:51 pm »
Of course, nothing justifies them... I was only trying to imagine what can make a terrible person of a good person  :bawl:
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #629 on: August 07, 2013, 08:29:09 pm »
This evening Xiquet and I wanted to leave our flat... and a black cat was in front of the door! It's the neighbour's cat, so I walked the stairs up, knocked the door... and nothing. The cat slipped out of home without the neighbours notizing when they left the flat.

I bribed the cat with some jam, he entered our flat, and I wrote a note to be put in front of my neighbour's door: "Hello, I'm Luth and Xiquet ( :ninja: ), from the flat below yours. We've invited a nice black cat who apparently had scaped home to our flat. He'll be with us when you come back".

They lasted more or less one hour before arriving, so the cat hat plenty of time to investigate our home: smell every corner, try to eat our indoor plants, try to sharpen his nails on our sofa, lay in the middle of the corridor, let me cuddle him while leaving a lot of black fur into the floor... When the neighbours arrived, the cat was just discovering the back-upper part of our sofa, and had no intention to run to them. *sigh* He was already making our home HIS home  :ninja: .

That's the story, and so I've told you  :fish: .

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #630 on: August 08, 2013, 05:49:48 am »
Oh what a beauty! And what a story! You should borrow him sometimes. :wink2:

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #631 on: August 08, 2013, 08:51:13 am »
I looooove cats!  And it's a beautiful cat, Luth! And the story :)

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #632 on: August 08, 2013, 08:59:23 am »
Here is a pic taken by someone 2 days ago - that's how our block looks like (and I've drawn you which windows are ours) :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54636429/9wfu.jpg

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #633 on: August 08, 2013, 12:21:24 pm »
So it stands already? :thumbup: When it's going to be ready?

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #634 on: August 08, 2013, 03:08:18 pm »
the main engineer says he wants to finish the whole estate (our block is the last) with the end of the year. But even if it all won't go so quickly, we have a date of the end of March in our act as the end of the building.

Probably, if we have enough money for furniture, etc., we will move in during next holidays :) We will see. We get the flat completely empty (except the sockets :P)

ps. it's 37,1°C in the shadow - it seems to be the HOTTEST day of the year. I'm meltiiiiiiing..

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #635 on: August 08, 2013, 03:17:09 pm »
Throws some ice over Agnes.

I wish for the first photos from the inside  :biggrin:

Btw... just realized that today there's an anniversary: 6 years living with Xiquet, in our flat :wub: .

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #636 on: August 08, 2013, 03:22:43 pm »
Miladies Luth and Agnes,

congrats to both of you! It's great to see how your apartment is taking shape, Agnes. And Luth, congrats for the anniversary - and also for your temporary cat. Perhaps you can really invite him over from time to time?

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #637 on: August 08, 2013, 03:50:11 pm »
That's good news Agnes :) I am glad that the construction did not stop, like it happens very often here in Prague. So it seems that developers in Poland are more reliable.

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #638 on: August 08, 2013, 05:29:23 pm »
Congratulations, Luthy and Xiquet! :yeha:

I keep watching the photo of your guest black cat, and I'm wondering: he's a black cat, and our Futi is a black cat too, but they are sooo different! :)

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #639 on: August 08, 2013, 07:31:57 pm »
Oh, now I see I totally missed the story about the cat! Wasn't it great?!  :wOOt: Cats are so... calming. You know who he reminds me of?

:roll:

Big congratulations to you anniversary! :) That's a long time already.