Author Topic: Daily chit-chat  (Read 282499 times)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
Re: Daily chit-chat
« Reply #400 on: April 01, 2012, 10:34:38 am »
Hey folks,

yesterday I made use of my Christmas present and did a simulator flight at the airport Leipzig. :wOOt:

It simulates a flight with a Piper Seneca, i.e. a very small plane. Unlike the weather outside, which was quite stormy, we had calm and sunny weather for our flight from Leipzig with a stop at Riesa to Dresden. I flew along the Elbe valley for a while to practice steering.

Oh my, it wasn't easy to keep track of all the variables - speed, direction, elevation - at the same time. :insane: But with the aid of my instructor I did reasonably well. :) And it was big fun!

Now I'm thinking about taking real flight lessons. Especially for gliding these are not as expensive as you might think...

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #401 on: April 01, 2012, 11:43:11 am »
Sounds very good :) And You have my all support about the real flight lessons. At least You can give it a try and find out if You really want that and if You do - You got a wonderful new interest! :)
But then again, who does.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #402 on: April 24, 2012, 01:00:02 pm »
Two cold days coming up... they'll switch off warm water and heating from tomorrow in the early morning (very early for me, as I'm on late shift) until Thursday evening. :yeha: :fish:

Cheers, anyway!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #403 on: April 28, 2012, 10:32:18 am »
Hey folks,

well, the real flight lessons were another April Fool's joke... but tonight - no kidding! - Wagner's Siegfried is coming up for me. :wOOt:

Notung! Notung! See you and cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #404 on: April 29, 2012, 11:54:10 am »
Oh, have a great time! :D

For me - it's Shelley's arrival tomorrow and Nightwish show :)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #405 on: April 29, 2012, 11:56:41 am »
OMCD - Shelley's visiting?! :wOOt: Will you have a bit more time than last time? But even if it's just a short trip - have a wonderful time together, and perhaps tell us a little of what you did. :)

The opera was fine, but it really took all the evening. Four hours plus breaks... :nosweat: Think I'll post a short report later.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #406 on: April 29, 2012, 12:22:10 pm »
Only 25 hours stay again :( But still I am so amazed we will meet again. I really miss her all the time :) It's great to have a friend in real, not just net and letters.

Oh yes.... that's one thing I sometimes hate about Wagner... :unsure: everything so long  :nosweat:

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #407 on: April 29, 2012, 12:26:52 pm »
So it'll be short but memorable. :) Make good use of your time together and say hello to her from us!

Oh well - at least now I know what they mean by "It's not over until the fat lady sings". :roll:

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #408 on: April 29, 2012, 01:50:30 pm »
 :lol3:

Ok. I will surely tell her! :)

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #409 on: May 02, 2012, 08:24:08 pm »
I have to tell You some greetings from her too :)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #410 on: May 02, 2012, 08:43:59 pm »
Thank you, Kris! I do hope that you had a great time together with lots of sightseeing, chatting, serious talking and just plain fun. :thumbup:

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #411 on: May 11, 2012, 10:48:16 pm »
Hey there guys! How is everyone? I hope things are all ok :) As for myself I just watched too many tv shows and I have work to do lined up until next two months.. I can't help it, I am always lazy on Friday evening!  ::)
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #412 on: May 12, 2012, 07:53:35 am »
Hi! Nice to see you around!  ^_^

Today I have a very busy day: I'm going to Girona to make photos a flower arrangements through all over the old part of the city, and at night... QUEEN SYMPHONIC RHAPSODY at Barcelona! With certain singers like Thomas Vickström and Mats Léven (I think I know them from somewhere...) and a guitar player like Christian Vidal.

SHOW MUST GO OOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!  :yeha:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #413 on: May 13, 2012, 09:00:25 pm »
Has anyone seen new Nightwish lately? I'm gonna see them on 2th June during Ursynalia..

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #414 on: May 13, 2012, 10:14:08 pm »
I did. And it was awesome. One annoying thing - loooooong waiting for the band. (I mean really long). But that might been just problem of the particular show.

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #415 on: May 14, 2012, 08:47:19 am »
What about the setlist? I would like to hear something more that Imaginaerium (or what is the title of their new album) - I want to look at Tuomas and Marco.. And I really prefer their OLD songs (to be honest, all with Tarja, I can accept some songs from Dark Passion Play (I have 2 copies of that album, strange) ;]

I think we won't wait long for them.
Here you can see some info about Ursynalia: http://www.ursynalia.pl/en/index.php

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #416 on: May 14, 2012, 09:51:01 am »
I've checked the setlists from the EU tour they're doing right now and it seems its centered around Dark Passion Play and Imaginaerum. I'm hoping that when they tour North America (They'll be in Toronto Sept 20th, I'm totally going to that show) they'll play a couple of older tracks. And that they keep "The Islander" in there, because it's such an awesome song.
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #417 on: May 14, 2012, 09:57:29 am »
I don't really remember the setlist. But actually there were much fewer songs from Imaginaerum than I expected. Few from Dark Passion Play and for my  taste far too much from the times with Tarja :D

Offline Agnes

• Metal Princess
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #418 on: May 14, 2012, 11:51:18 am »
I hope they will play more old songs.. :)

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #419 on: May 19, 2012, 07:01:23 pm »
Hey folks,

today we made a sightseeing flight over my home town and its surroundings. :wOOt: We had quite sunny and rather calm weather for that flight, which was an Easter present to my Dad and me. I'm so happy that - despite her fragile health - my Mum came along and enjoyed the flight a lot.

A second plane had started just before us and we could see it from above for a while as we were heading for our first site of interest.

On that flight we saw the famous five towers at our marketplace and the new stadium where the local team had just made an important match - a large crowd, all in red and white, was visible just outside the stadium, celebrating the rise into lowest professional league. But what I enjoyed most was seeing so many places that are important to me: Our beloved little cottage, even the table on the terrace clearly visible. The hill where I watched the solar eclipse in May 2003. Our city forest, the look-out in its middle. The place where I often enter the forest with Maggie and the park we're going through. The house where my parents live today - we even identified their balcony. My house must have been in sight, too (might find it on the pics later on) but my gaze was drawn to the artificial lakes nearby and its island and tiny islets I've seen so often from the shore. Another site where I've spent some wonderful evenings with good friends.

That was really a wonderful hour!

Cheers!

Markus

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:22:47 am by Markus »
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!