Main Forum > About Therion

Therion-related reading

(1/15) > >>

Markus:
Hi folks,

as we all know know, Therion lyrics are not too simple. There is a lot of literature they are referring to, a number of interesting topics they speak about. So I wonder: What Therion-related readings have you discovered? Did you like it, can you recommend it?

Let me start. The latest Therion-related book I read was the German translation of Jayne Gackenbach: Control your dreams. (Regarding lucid dreams and therefore Therion-related in a way.)

To be honest: The book is as stupid as the name of the author. Too few hints on how to improve dream memory or achieve lucidity, too much esoteric blabla and hocuspocus. Instead of giving us hints on how to become lucid she tells us that more people should meditate - that would lead to world peace, she claims - and that we can fight cancer in our dreams. Not worth reading, if you ask me.

As if that wasn´t enough, the translation was terrible. Stupid content, stupid language - a book for the dustbin.

Cheers!

Markus

Luth:
Ehhhmmm... I use to read a lot, but... I confess... nothing Therion-related  :unsure:
At least now, I have no reading to report to you. But if someone tells any good book, maybe I'll try to read  :blush:

Markus:
Nevermind, Luth, someone else might have a good one - we can take our time for this thread. And be assured that I have or two or three more books to tell you about. ;)

Cheers!

Markus

Markus:
Hi folks,

another curiosity today, a more remotely Therion-related reading. But I promise to tell you about a dead-on Therion must-read soon.

By coincidence I became interested in incense and searched the local library for books on this topic. Lo and behold! the only two books they have are written by a certain Christian Rätsch: Dr. phil. with works on Ancient American cultures, ethno-pharmacologist and ethno-botanist. In one book he mentions a saga of incense being the food of goods, the other book is named "Dragon´s Breath".

Sounds vaguely familiar, eh? I bet this is the very same guy who translated "Svartalfheim" and "Prometheus entfesselt".

Cheers!

Markus

Markus:
Hi folks,

I promised you a real Therion-must-read, and here we go....

Hermann Hesse: Demian is the story of the spiritual development of a young man named Sinclair. Demian becomes a friend and a kind of guide for Sinclair in this journey.

It begins when the little boy Sinclair realizes that there are two worlds - the light world of his parents´ house and the dark world outside. Although that dark world is dangerous, it´s also strangely attractive to Sinclair. The first big step is taken when he gets to know Demian, who tells him a different version of the story of the Mark of Cain.

Later Demian writes Sinclair a letter about a certain picture and explains: "The bird struggles out of the egg. The egg is the world. Who wants to be born, must destroy a world. The bird flies to God. The god is called Abraxas."

I am convinced that Thomas was inspired by "Demian" when he wrote "Abraxas"! So if you want to understand the background of this song, you ought to read this book. It´s not even long - just 160 pages - and written so well that it´s a pleasure to read. So I declare it a must-read - off to the library, everybody! (Or who knows, it might be available online somewhere.)

Cheers!

Markus

P.S.: I´ve got a few more good ones here, but I won´t tell unless you post something here.:P Come on - anything Therion-related. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version