Author Topic: Recent Movies seen! :alien:  (Read 148313 times)

Offline Penny lane

• The Eternal Sophia
    • myspace
Re: Recent Movies seen! :alien:
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2010, 09:15:48 am »

New Moon , OMG couldnt have sucked more

yo yo yo
saw this 2 days back and it was so horrible that i couldnt help laughing through the whole thing!! :lol3:

Offline lavaniegosII

• The Composer
  • Loyal Member
  • Fly free bird
    • www.myspace.com/ainset
« Reply #181 on: April 17, 2010, 02:21:26 am »
Alejandro Jodorowsky - Holy Mountain. Very psychedellic and esoteric stuff.
6 6 6

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2010, 11:47:50 pm »
New Moon , OMG couldnt have sucked more
saw this 2 days back and it was so horrible that i couldnt help laughing through the whole thing!! :lol3:
My g.f. finally convinced me to watch that one, and I was laughing all along too. Especially at the end of the film when she said "the book was bad, and they screw it up in the film" :lol:
My favourite line was: "I love you, but don't make me chose 'cause I wouldn't chose you". That one goes directly to the top five of my "fromage-2010" list (the cheesiest things of the year).
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #183 on: April 24, 2010, 09:01:24 am »
I watched a Chinese film from the 90's for history class. It's called To Live (Original title Huozhe). It's basically about a family and what effects does the rise of the Chinese Communist Party and the rule of Mao Ze Dung have on them. Pretty good overall.
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #184 on: April 24, 2010, 09:05:31 am »
Is it downloadabel?  ::) :ninja: Seems very good to me.
But then again, who does.

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #185 on: April 24, 2010, 04:25:13 pm »
Is it downloadabel?  ::) :ninja: Seems very good to me.
Yep, it is. Dunno where the teacher got it from though. :whistle:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #186 on: April 24, 2010, 04:27:33 pm »
Oh yes, of course, I'll try to get it in the legal way first also :D

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2010, 11:17:34 pm »
Hey folks,

I watched "Pan's Labyrinth" and I must admit that I didn't quite like it. It's probably very artistic and everything, but it's too gloomy and violent for my taste. I'm not talking of action-movie-violence here which is just plain stupid fun; I'm talking of crippled-soul-violence which calls up my hatred. I wanted to kill that stepfather and send him to a hell where he can continue that lifestyle of his for all eternity without bothering any real humans. And that final scene didn't make up for all those horrors because I didn't feel any cordiality in that court scene.

Besides all that I haven't discovered the slightest trace of a hint as to why that creature is called "Pan" or even "a Pan".

I was curious about this movie, but it's not my cup of tea...

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2010, 09:56:40 pm »
Capitalism: A Love Story
Good stuff. Even if you're not into Michael Moore, I totally recommend this. If anything it's cleverly made, and even if it doesn't change any opinions about capitalism or the American way of life, well, at least it's entertaining. :biggrin:

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2010, 06:10:37 pm »
Prince of Persia

Well, what can I say. It's surely  better than Robin Hood. Story is at points predictable but I think it has a very good turning point at the end. Relaxing movie, still not boring or without action, it's probably just that lately we've seen so many such movies that it's hard to say we actually saw something new on screen.
It's made after pc game, as far as I know they got the story and everything very well.
Worth checking out!  :)
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
« Reply #190 on: May 29, 2010, 03:52:30 am »
Prince of Persia

Well, what can I say. It's surely  better than Robin Hood. Story is at points predictable but I think it has a very good turning point at the end. Relaxing movie, still not boring or without action, it's probably just that lately we've seen so many such movies that it's hard to say we actually saw something new on screen.
It's made after pc game, as far as I know they got the story and everything very well.
Worth checking out!  :)

I have a big hunch this flick will ruin my x box experience :(

yo yo yo
Scripta Manet

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #191 on: May 29, 2010, 07:50:57 am »
From what I've heard, they modified the story heavily as to try to fit all the main things out of the three parts of the story from the Sands of Time trilogy (recently became a quadralogy) (Sands of Time - Forgotten Sands (released like a week ago) - Warrior Within - Two Thrones).
I yet have to watch it, but I'm pretty sure that I'll come out of the cinema saying "...Yep... The games were better".
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:54:50 am by The One »

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #192 on: May 31, 2010, 04:32:24 pm »
Finally, I could watch Sector-9 ... yes, I know I'm late about that one.
The only thing I have to say is: Christopher Johnson!!! :roll:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 05:28:44 pm by Aluqak »
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #193 on: May 31, 2010, 05:18:54 pm »
I finally watched Avatar, it was pretty good in terms of visual effects, but the story is extremely predictable.
I also watched Prince of Persia and enjoyed it. Very well done movie. Departed a lot from the games, but that Prince of Persia essence was still there.
And today I watched Nightmare on Elm Street and didn't enjoy it too much. Crappy story, some laughable CG (by current standards) and other stuff that just made a lot of people in the theater laugh their heads off throughout a movie that was supposed to be scary.

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #194 on: May 31, 2010, 05:32:55 pm »
And today I watched Nightmare on Elm Street and didn't enjoy it too much. Crappy story, some laughable CG (by current standards) and other stuff that just made a lot of people in the theater laugh their heads off throughout a movie that was supposed to be scary.
I still don't understand why do people persist in making crappy remakes of classic horror movies. First, was The Omen, then Carrie, and now this one. Jeezzzz, let the mighty Cthulhu eat 'em all for their lack of imagination... :cht:
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #195 on: July 08, 2010, 01:19:08 am »
About three weeks ago, I watched a 1960's black-and-white Soviet documentary on Fascism, Hitler and Nazi Germany called Ordinary Fascism. I watched it in its original language, which meant none of the original words and texts used to make the film were changed or misinterpreted. Honestly, it's fascinating that it holds the whole "Nazis and Fascism were evil" kind of crap we've heard for over the past 70 years, but this has it's own touch of Soviet ideologies placed into it. At the same time, it's a film that harshly criticizes absolute rule of any kind, but focuses most on Hitler's regime more than any other. However, you don't need to put much thought that it could also be seen as an attack on the authoritarian regime of Stalin, thus meaning that such a movie as this could have not been possible during Stalin's lifetime after the war.

About two weeks ago, I checked out The A-Team. I must say that it wasn't the most intelligent film I've ever watched, and it included the archetypal characters that Liam Neeson and Mr. T usually portray, but it surely did its job of being serious and having that military-esque feeling, while being goofy and comedic at a lot of points.

I watched District 9 for a second time, and loved it again. :biggrin: And Christopher Johnson is unquestionably awesome. :cht:

Also, last night I watched A Clockwork Orange... Man, that was a messed up film, definitely not suitable for kids :afaid:. It's get everything you don't want your kids (if you have any) to pick up, including that funky manner of speech and accent. But it was at least mildly entertaining, and holding a very true message about human nature.

And tonight, I finally watched V for Vendetta. It's been ages since it's been released and I thought it a sin that I hadn't watched it yet. And man, I loved this one too. I mean, Natalie Portman was smoking hot throughout most of the movie :biggrin: and I loved the whole concept. It gives us a glance of what kind of world we live in.

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #196 on: July 08, 2010, 04:48:11 pm »
Hey folks,

I watched "Pan's Labyrinth" and I must admit that I didn't quite like it. It's probably very artistic and everything, but it's too gloomy and violent for my taste. I'm not talking of action-movie-violence here which is just plain stupid fun; I'm talking of crippled-soul-violence which calls up my hatred. I wanted to kill that stepfather and send him to a hell where he can continue that lifestyle of his for all eternity without bothering any real humans. And that final scene didn't make up for all those horrors because I didn't feel any cordiality in that court scene.

Besides all that I haven't discovered the slightest trace of a hint as to why that creature is called "Pan" or even "a Pan".

I was curious about this movie, but it's not my cup of tea...

Cheers!

Markus

Hey, Markus!
I watched Pan's Labyrinth quite a while ago, and in general I did like it (because it's, as you said, artistic and everythig ;D ). But yes, it is very violent, and no I wouldn't usually like that kind of a movie, but because it's so well done and it actually makes you feel the story, I give it a thumb up.

Speaking of the creature, yeah, I haven't got that either. Maybe because they made him look a bit like a Pan, or a faun, which stands in the original, although I don't see a resemblence with that creature apart from the horns and the legs. But since he's not a real character (he's in the girl's mind as a consequence of the things that have been happening...or at least I would say, makes sense though), maybe he's there as such because there's a legend in that place, and the girl knows it and therefore connects it with everything. Wouldn't know the real answer.
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2010, 04:58:47 pm »
Sorry Markus, I missed Your post about Pan's Labyrinth.
Thank You for telling us - I have to say that the movie is one of my favourites, but still, I don't want to watch it again anymore. :)
It's easy - in my opinion, this is what del Torro wanted us to feel like. He wanted us to hate such a terrible person as her step father.
Anytime I think of that - it reminds me of th terrible era of Hitler's time. The fascist and nazis all around.

Yes, it was very violent in the most psychical way - but this is very common in Hispan movies.

Offline TheOFFman

• Leader of the Brave
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #198 on: July 09, 2010, 10:41:33 am »
Worth checking out!  :)

There is almost no good movie made after PC game  :( I hope Warcraft will be good as trailers from the game are.

Regarding Avatar, I have to admit that I enjoyed the visuals since it was the first 3D movie I watched but movie as a movies is horrible, so shallow, so predictable..

Oh, one of the best movies I have seen is Kick-ass, I just enjoyed in every second of the movie, can't believe I liked it so much!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 10:45:45 am by TheOFFman »

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #199 on: July 09, 2010, 01:34:14 pm »
Regarding Avatar, I have to admit that I enjoyed the visuals since it was the first 3D movie I watched but movie as a movies is horrible, so shallow, so predictable..

I've seen it a while ago, but I agree with you. Visuals were great, but the story was no good.
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!