Author Topic: Recent Movies seen! :alien:  (Read 148317 times)

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
Re: Recent Movies seen! :alien:
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2009, 02:51:05 pm »
Well, I finally went to the movies, for the first time in months.
Took a girl out for a movie, and talking for a hell of a long time. It was fun and totally worth it. We watched this recent Russell Crowe movie...

State of Play 8/10. It was better than I expected. :lol3:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:05:58 pm by The One »
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline ViruS

• NTSMS Football Freak
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Soldier
« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2009, 03:23:31 pm »
Markus .. i want to tnx you're country  for this wonderfull event : Oktoberfest :)) . This is awesome ..
Now let's get down to the movie

: Movie : Beerfest 2006
Link  : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486551/
Mark : 11/10  :biggrin:

Beer ..beer and some more beer..
THe best movie that i've ever watched!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2009, 11:49:14 am »
The Hangover

Four guys go to Las Vegas to celebrate the stag night of one of them. They hire an expensive suite and then furtively climb on top of the roof to drink "to a night they will never forget". Next thing you see is how they wake up in their devastated suite. One of the armchairs is still smoking. There is a chicken around, a genuine feathered one. There's a baby in the closet, but they can't find the groom anywhere. Oh and there's a tiger in the bathrom. -_- And that's only the beginning.

I score this one 8.5 - almost a must-see. The humour is not all too gentle, but it's dead funny. We were laughing tears, guys and a lady alike. Also the movie has quite a warm-hearted message. Really worth seeing!
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!
Eager to hear you is what we are.

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2009, 12:58:31 pm »
I've seen that one too! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2009, 01:29:26 pm »
Man, that movie is great! :lol3: Watched it with friends a while ago and we couldn't stop laughing.
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline ViruS

• NTSMS Football Freak
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Soldier
« Reply #145 on: October 12, 2009, 11:15:11 am »
Damn good movie to watch... i bet you all seen it but for me ... saw it last night  :fish:

James Bond - Quantum.of.Solace. 2008
Awesome!

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2009, 05:36:29 pm »
Before leaving Spain I got the chance to see Tarantino' Inglorious Basterds and Amenamar's Agora.
The first one, I like (a lot) until that scene in the cinema, which almost blasted the whole movie. Fortunately, the very last scene is good enough to make you recover that smile.
The second one is alright. It's not the best movie in the world, but it's still very entertaining. It leaves you with some very important questions regarding religious beliefs (as if we need some more!). What I really like in this film is the aerial and spatial looks in some key moments ... that's what make this particular film different and worth watching!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 05:58:18 pm by Aluqak »
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2009, 05:54:56 pm »
Well, I just finished watching a really interesting work of art the other day.
Metropolis: A mute film from 1927 made in Germany. A masterpiece of avantgarde films according to my Theory of Knowledge teacher, a Christian criticism of Karl Marx's Communist Manifesto entwined with the Book of Revelations according to me. :lol3: It's pretty good, and the special effects are mind-blowing for its time.

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2009, 09:45:28 pm »
I've seen this movie in "underground" cinema Aero in here - it was great  experience for me too! You know, sometimes things all round me use to happen and it puts the movie back on my mind. I cannot help myself - in many ways it is still up to date!

Yesterday I saw on the box called Nightfall (Tasogare Seibei) by Jódži Jamada. It's from 2002 and actually when I was searching for some things I even found it was nominated for Oscar's.

It's about samurai Seibei - his wife just died for tuberculosis, he has 2 daughters and one senile mother in care (I think she has Alzheimer)... he ows money anywhere he turns.
You know, I hate samurai movies - but this was fantastic. It gives a very realistic point of You of the feudal society back in 19th century in Japan - when the feudal system is just about to end...
and it's an adaptation of novel by Shuhei Fudjisawa.

It was very deep movie and so peacefull. I miss these movies which You really have to think about... now all movies are almost all so dull.
But then again, who does.

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2009, 10:12:11 am »

I watched it last night and wasn't aware that it's so long - the cinema even made a break in the middle of the film.

The story is quickly told: The world as we know it is about to end due to cosmic influences, and the brave heroes and responsible governments are trying to ensure the survival of mankind by ensuring the survival of a few hundred thousand people, a selection of animals and works of art and science.

I will not even talk about scientific correctness. This would be unfair with such a movie and would be much like talking about the sound of a painting. :lol3:

Yes, the pictures are impressive, especially in the first part where whole cities are destroyed. Emmerich demolishes cities in ways you've never seen before in a movie. You see sky-scrapers crumbling into opening chasms or the caldera of Yellowstone exploding like a nuclear bomb. Yet somehow this all left me strangely cold - the most touching scene to me was the phone-call of an old man who hasn't talked to his son for years, who wasn't even known to his granddaughter but who calls now now before it's too late. Before he can exchange a word with his son the apartment starts shake violently and the phone-connection breaks down.

Later Emmerich focuses more on a few individuals struggling for their survival near and in the arks that have been built. Here the movie becomes much "smaller", Emmerich even uses a chep-camera-style in order to produce a more authentic, documentary feeling. But he also gives an overdose of US-patriotism here. There is a scene when the big bad flood-wave is about to hit in 15 minutes, much sooner than expected, and an important decision has to be made and implemented. But instead of acting they lecture on humanity and civilisation.

The movie ends much like "The Day After", zooming out from a changed planet where a former source of economical refugees now becomes the goal of survivors.

All in all I give it 6/10 - no interesting story, no challenging statement, but worth seeing for the special effects of the first part.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2009, 03:58:26 am »

Welll i m alittle late but here we go,

In england (oxford) i watch 2 films...

Half blood prince (premier) ... Booooooooring

Brunno ... OMG is funny at so many levels!

yo yo yo
Scripta Manet

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #151 on: December 08, 2009, 05:25:35 pm »
"Die Welle" ("The Wave"). Perhaps somebody already told us about this movie? Very interesting... It shows how human beings can be manipulated, and how we can become what we most hate... It makes thinkl  :wacko:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Markus

• High Priest
  • Administrator
« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2009, 05:40:28 pm »
Yeah... I read the book several years ago in school, and back then we also watched some movie of it. But as far as I know there's a new movie about it out - though I assume the story is still basically the same.

Cheers!

Markus
Antichrist! Antichrist!
Opera music therionised.
Antichrist Superstar!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2009, 07:47:27 pm »
Oh, is there an old movie and a book? I didn't know about it!  :blink:

As far as I know (and as fas as I've read), the plot is based in a real story happened in 1967, California. The movie I've seen is from 2008, so very recent one.

(Arg! I wanted to copy-paste what "FilmAffinity" explains, but I see that the Spanish version of the site has more info about that movie than the English one. I'll have to summarize it by myself  :ninja: )

Well, the movie explains how a teacher establishes a new régime based upon the unity of the group, the hostility against the anarchists, the authority... In only five days, the group, named "The Wave", becomes so extreme and dangerous that the teacher must do something to stop it (I won't explain more). Part fiction as it is (although based upon real facts), it shows a lot about human nature...
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2009, 06:33:51 pm »
I saw that movie something like six months ago. I don't know if I posted it here, but it is indeed a nice and disturbing film. I knew about the book (they mention it on the extras of the dvd), but I didn't know about the older film. I'll try to find it.
My favourite scene is at the beginning, when the teacher drives his old car to the school while listening some punk :music: . It's quiet drastic when remember that scene towards the middle of the film.
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
    • me
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2009, 04:38:17 am »

Im curious , no comments on Bruno?

yo yo yo
Scripta Manet

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2009, 05:44:08 pm »
Quiet honestly, I haven't seen it, Loke. I saw the trailer and an interview they made to Sacha Cohen in a Spanish channel, and lost the interest. May be I should give it a try after all. ???
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2009, 11:17:11 pm »
I've just come back from watching "Avatar", and I have to say I've enjoyed it soooo much!!!  :yeha:

The plot is very predictable (at least, I already knew how all was going to happen after 20 minutes of the movie... and it's an almost-3h-movie). But it absolutely didn't mattered to me. The visual effects are fantastic, specially if you see them in 3-D  :biggrin: The message is also clear, and I like it so much (you know, how humans tend to destroy Nature and how Nature must be preserved). I really been moved by the characters, and I think it's a very good thing.

Summing up: WATCH IT!!!! (in 3D if possible!!!).

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
    • me
« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2009, 05:59:04 am »

Terminator Salvation ... YACK!!!

yo yo yo
Scripta Manet

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2009, 03:56:00 pm »

Summing up: WATCH IT!!!! (in 3D if possible!!!).

My schoolmate saw it too, and some other friends. Until now everyone says the same, predictable story but fantastic effects, especially 3D. I hope to go see it after New Year, if it will be still in  cinemas  here.
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!