Author Topic: Recent Movies seen! :alien:  (Read 148322 times)

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
Re: Recent Movies seen! :alien:
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2009, 08:41:12 am »
The Secret Life Of Bees - nice movie :) About a girl who accidently killed her mum at age of 4.. and than how she came to deal with her past.

Mirrors - Fantastic movie! Smth like horror, a bit supernatural but all in all great!  :thumbup:
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline Persephone

• Star Rider
  • Loyal Dreamer
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2009, 08:35:57 pm »
I'm just watching "terrible" movie on our national tv... Sophie Scholl - Die letzten Tage...

I don't even what to say. It's worth watching.

But then again, who does.

Offline ViruS

• NTSMS Football Freak
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Soldier
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2009, 06:30:21 pm »
Crank 2  :wub: worth watchin 10/10

Offline saphira

• Queen of dragons
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Nothing is trivial...
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2009, 09:34:01 am »
I saw yesterday Aeon Flux. I liked it a lot!  For me this is a movie where I can relax my mind... there are some things that you notice that are soo far from reality but still.. it's just a movie.. a nice sci-fi thing  :)
Here's some info:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402022/
It can't rain all the time so put a smile on your face and proudly take another step.

The time of dragons will come again...
THERION - Till the day I die!

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2009, 04:47:34 pm »
Last Sunday I saw the new Star Trek movie and well.... it has all the pros and the cons of any prequel movie. It gives some clues, it answers some questions BUT, you cannot avoid thinking how lame are the new actors playing Mr. Spock or Captain Kirk compared to the originals, and how awesome are the new visual effects (which is a pity given that the movie happens before the original ones). So well, it should be great fun for every good fan of Star Trek, especially for those who think that Mr. Spock deserves a better treatment than the one Kirk got in one of the "New Generation" movies (the guy actually died!).
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
    • http://ntsms.megatherion.com
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2009, 08:44:50 pm »
I saw the same move, almost the same day (Saturday night, just when Real Madrid was loosing its match and giving to Barça the League  :insane: ). And I consider myself a Star Trek fan... I liked the movie a lot, although Spock is Leonard Nimoy and will ever be  :ninja:

Siriusly, I think the movie is good for both trekkies and no trekkies. The new actors  did pretty well... even when I see Sylar as Spock  :blink: , and the plot is good enough (not the best plot of the history, but well...). And yes, the visual effects are absolutely different from the original series. Perhaps they even changed too much the Enterprise bridge.

Bah, I liked it, and I still think Spock (specially the more grown Spock) is the best character ever  :fish:
NTSMS Rocks! - ignore everyone else!  (Rick dixit)
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2009, 01:56:27 pm »
I still think Spock is the best character ever  :fish:
Yep... and that makes me think that we might need a Spock smilie around here  :biggrin:
This one :alien: <---- not good enough
Volons, volons, laisse toi porter par ta croyance immortelle, laisse ton désir devenir tes ailes...
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2009, 02:23:41 pm »
I still think Spock is the best character ever  :fish:
Yep... and that makes me think that we might need a Spock smilie around here  :biggrin:
This one :alien: <---- not good enough

I can't promise anything, but I'll seek out (new lives and new emoticons) and I'll bodly go where no Queen has gone before  :ninja:
English killer member #1 (anyone else want to join?) and future German killer #1!

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2009, 01:48:42 pm »
.... Fascinating!
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2009, 02:29:59 pm »
Sorry... yesterday I was drinking wine (I'll explain later  :nana: ) and I had no time to search Spock. Alu's Spock is fantastic... I mean... fascinating. It'll be our in no time... resistance is futile  :ninja:

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2009, 06:20:37 pm »
 :spock:

Offline Lucy

• Diamond Lady
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • BEE-hive! :D
    • My blog about our homestead life
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2009, 07:13:04 pm »
:spock:

This is fun! :lol:

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2009, 11:02:17 am »
@saph: I watched Aeon Flux a while ago and I didn't like it that much...I dunno, I like to watch films of that kind from time to time, but I found that one pretty boring. I dunno.

And concerning the new Star Trek  :lol3: .. everyone's been talking to me about how great that movie is, but I still haven't taken time to watch it. I guess that I'll just have to...  :spock:

oh by the way
the last film I watched was ''Un chien andalou'' or in English ''An Andalusian Dog'' written by Luis Buñuel and Salvador Dalí. So you can tell by the name of the authors that it was a surreal movie. It's the most confusing movie I've ever seen (even though it's only 16 minutes long, it's a silent movie, from the year 1929). It's full of absurd scenes, but then again, that's what surrealism is all about, that's why I like it :) and I think Dalí is an awesome artist :)) one of my all-time favourites :D
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #133 on: May 26, 2009, 12:17:44 pm »
@saph: I watched Aeon Flux a while ago and I didn't like it that much...I dunno, I like to watch films of that kind from time to time, but I found that one pretty boring. I dunno.

And concerning the new Star Trek  :lol3: .. everyone's been talking to me about how great that movie is, but I still haven't taken time to watch it. I guess that I'll just have to...  :spock:

oh by the way
the last film I watched was ''Un chien andalou'' or in English ''An Andalusian Dog'' written by Luis Buñuel and Salvador Dalí. So you can tell by the name of the authors that it was a surreal movie. It's the most confusing movie I've ever seen (even though it's only 16 minutes long, it's a silent movie, from the year 1929). It's full of absurd scenes, but then again, that's what surrealism is all about, that's why I like it :) and I think Dalí is an awesome artist :)) one of my all-time favourites :D

Eya Mysti... is that the movie with the scary scene of the eye and the razor, isn't it?  :afaid:

Offline Mystique

• Butterfly Faerie
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Madness takes its toll.
« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2009, 12:32:04 pm »
Eya Mysti... is that the movie with the scary scene of the eye and the razor, isn't it?  :afaid:

:lol3: yeah, it is. what a beginning eh? soo unexpected and so morbid. they used a cow's eye for that scene, if I remember correctly. that doesn't make it any less gross though  :nosweat:
For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Offline Loke

• Twisted Bard
  • let the twisted pipes blow
    • me
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2009, 01:53:59 pm »

"Horsemen" with Denis Quaid.

I dont even know if this is a new or old movie but I know it's a good one, despite the crappy ending.

yo yo yo
Scripta Manet

Offline ViruS

• NTSMS Football Freak
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Soldier
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2009, 03:17:58 pm »
Angels and demons 2009
Worth watchin 9/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808151/

Offline The One

• Misjudged young artist
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • NTSMS - every day closer to World Domination
« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2009, 02:25:32 am »
Goya's Ghosts. 8/10. Watchable, decent.
...Damn, I don't even go to the movies anymore. All the movies I watch are what we're shown in history class. :ninja:
"All men are intellectuals, but not all men in society have the function of intellectuals" -Antonio Gramsci

Offline Aluqak

• Chief Anglerfish
  • Loyal Dreamer
  • Feed me!
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2009, 09:01:22 am »
Two more movies watched this weekend:
1. Die Welle (the wave in english?). A very good movie about the "joys" of autocracy. It's in the same vein than Das Experiment, but far more credible (the actors do a great job). Man! what is going on in Germany? ... those guys are doing really good films lately.  :wOOt:

2. Waltz with Bashir. This thing is so well made that you only remember that you are watching a cartoon in the very last scene of the film, and it is there that you get hit in the face
... really hard!  :computer:
A must watching stuff.
Pazuzu, 1996

GOT ?

Offline Luth

• The Queen
  • Administrator
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2009, 09:20:20 am »
I've "La Ola" ("Die Welle" translated into Spanish), but I have not seen yet... I want to as soon as possible! I'll told my opinion when I've seen it. And I've "Waltz with Bashir" too... and I also have to see it yet!!! (lack of time?  :wacko: )

Saturday I saw "Millenium I: Men who didn't love women" (perhaps in English is translated as the book, "The woman with a Dragon Tattoo"?), the movie based on the best-seller book from Sweddish Stieg Larsson. Although I'm not too fond to best-sellers and its movies, I really enjoyed both, the book and the movie, in that case. Curiously, the movie started being recorded when the book was still not a best-seller, so the money invested in it is not as big as it could be, and I think it's good. The movie is almost the same than the novel, with some cut here and there and very few changes. I recommend both, book and movie (about the second and third part of the book, I have not read any of them yet, but I want to).