Main Forum > Enter the voids of the OT-forum

Nice weather, isn't it?

(1/130) > >>

Markus:
Hey folks,

the weather is the classical topic for meaningless small talk, but I find it seriously interesting. I love following the weather conditions and observing weather phenomena. In a way I like almost all kinds of weather - sunny summer days, fog in the autumn, rain and thunderstorms, snow and ice. So let me start this topic for an exchange about our weather. :wOOt:

Right now we have Daisy - a low that's bringing quite a bit of snow and wind. There have been warnings of severe weather and even recommendations to stockpile food, drinking water, candles and electric torches. :blink: I wonder what all the fuss is about - isn't this simply the weather that should be in this region at this time of the year? Isn't this just one normal Middle-European winter after so many too warm ones?

What is it like in your place? Luth, I heard on the news that there is unusually much snow in the North of Spain. Are you affected?

Cheers!

Markus Meteorologicus

Luth:
Hi Markus!

I feel like in the lift trying to talk with some neighbour  :lol3:

-Oh, hello!
-Hello...
-Cold weather, isn't it?
-Yup, pretty cold. That's weather changing, y'know...
-...mmmh... Yep, sure...
 :lol3:

Yes, you heard well: we have an uncommon cold and snowy weather. We are having snow at really low height above sea level... In fact, yesterday I was able to touch the snow, but not because I saw it fall: some cars coming from very near had it on their bonnet; the little mountains near us (very near, and low: perhaps 100 meters high?) were a little white, where the cars came from, I suppose. I've heard that today it can snow even lower, but I don't think it will happen here. Snow or not, temperatures are really low, near 0ยบ, what is pretty unusual here. I prefer not to imagine in the mountains  :wacko: Apart from my town, almost all Catalonia (except really low height) is white now, and almost all North of Spain. Besides that, in Andalusia region (South of Spain) they have several heavy rains, and they had a lot of floods  :wacko:

Well, I've heard in London have been a lot of problems because of snow too, with a looot of flight cancellations and delays... What about other countries?

Markus:
Oh Regina Frigoris,

there were pics in the news of Spanish shores under snow. So I guess not even you are safe from the white stuff. :afaid:

Cheers!

Markus

Persephone:
I like this weather. Finally is the winter a winter :)

lavaniegosII:
Right now we have a nice weather. It is a sunny day but with cold sea wind. I think we are in 18 or 20 c degrees.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version