Main Forum > About Therion

NTSMS Fave Therion Album!

<< < (2/8) > >>

Manolo:
Yes, I'm the one that voted for crowning :)

Luth:

--- Quote ---Yes, I'm the one that voted for crowning :)
[snapback]73[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

Ey Manolo!

Ok, you voted for Crowning... but WHY? If I have made an efford to describe why (and I really don't know how explain me in musical terms), you have to do, too!!

Btw... talking about growls: at first time, I don't like them. In fact, they spoils (IMHO) some great songs of great bands. For instance... I love Haggard's music, but I cannot hear them for a long time by the growls. BUT... how can I explain it? Growls in Lemuria expoil nothing; at the contrary, after hearing them a lot of times... I like, I love this songs. Is soooooo extrange! I know... I'm crazy, I have double personality or something... but is true!! :blink:

Tzar-0:

--- Quote ---Btw... talking about growls: at first time, I don't like them. In fact, they spoils (IMHO) some great songs of great bands. For instance... I love Haggard's music, but I cannot hear them for a long time by the growls. BUT... how can I explain it? Growls in Lemuria expoil nothing; at the contrary, after hearing them a lot of times... I like, I love this songs. Is soooooo extrange! I know... I'm crazy, I have double personality or something... but is true!!
--- End quote ---

Your are not crazy, the same happened with me...

Chris and the other therion bandmembers are simply... geniuses B)

Luth:

--- Quote ---Your are not crazy, the same happened with me...

Chris and the other therion bandmembers are simply... geniuses B)
[snapback]76[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

Good to know! :D

Sirius13:

--- Quote ---Good to know! :D
[snapback]77[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
Actually, you ARE crazy. :P   - But that's just a general opinion!

Anyway, what is it with growls?  I love some and hate others. why?

Some really "bad" vocals I love: Opeth, Immortal, Children of Bodom, Testament ('The Gathering' & 'Demonic' being Death-ish Metal examples), Deathrow, Gravedigger, Emperor, Coroner, Finntroll, Bathory, Carpathian Forest, Arch Enemy, Forest Stream, etc etc.

But if I like them, why do I hate so many others?  There are loads of Death/Black metal bands that aren't quite right somehow.  And mostly any type of musical genre that ends with the word '....core' (Hardcore, mathcore, anythingcore), I pretty much detest the vocal style!!

Everyone seems to rave about Mastodon at the moment. I can't listen to 'em. Hate the vocals.  There are loads of US bands that make me feel like that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version