Main Forum > About Computers + Video games

Hard disk question

(1/4) > >>

Carlios:
I have a problem with my computer... I hope I can make myself clear since I'm not so good in technical language...

OK, you all know the problem I had with my computer... if you don't check this topic over here[/size][/font] and then come back... :P

Well, the problem is that now my computer has 2 hard disks, C & D, the computers I used to have never had a fragmented disk... Disk C (usually the default for programs and everything) has 19 GB of memory, but disk D has like 45 GB or something like that...

You might be saying why is he telling me all of this? well, the problem is that the default folder for my incoming files is also C, but it's quickly running out of space (I have like 0.95 GB left) I just wanted to know if it's possible to give disc C a little more memory from D, making it from a 19 GB to let's say 30 GB or something, or if it's impossible...

Hope I made myself clear, and didn't ended confusing you, and hoping anyone can help me with this... Thanks in advance

Markus:
Hi Carlios,

I think the tool Partition Magic is what you´re looking for.

Good luck!

Markus

TheOFFman:
Hey Carlios, I had the same problem. So I formated disk and I made new partitions.

Carlios:
Thanks guys...

About the Partition Magic, it sounds like an excellent tool, but it's a trial version, and will only let me look at how my computer is going to be, but doesn't let me make any changes (damn), I'll have to either buy it, or download some craked version from the ol' reliable emule

About formatting the disk, I just want to know if by doing that I'll loose all my info (I don't want to go there again... :blink: )

I just found a provisional and temporary solution, what I have done is just change the incoming folder from C to D, and moved My Document folder as well, that gave me a good 3 GB, to last a little longer...

Markus:
Hi Carlios,

formatting means you´ll get a nice clean blank disk :) And the magic in Partition Magic is that you can re-partition your disk without formatting it...

Cheers!

Markus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version