Other Languages > Deutsch

Deutsch Killer nº1

(1/35) > >>

Luth:
Hallo!!

I'm very happy and proud to announce that soon, very soon, I'll kill German as well as English!! (better even, as I really have no clue about German language right now!!). The 2th October I'm starting my German classes... BWAHAHAHA!

You know I work in a publishing house, right? It happens that the editorial has relation with several other editorials (one big one, linked to Hachette, and all the "little ones" as a kind of children...). One of those children is Larousse, which have several books about languages... and as I've a nice discount, I bought three books otherwise would have me costed a lot more. And today they arrived: a Deutsch-Spanisch and Spanish-German dictionary, a book about German verbs, and a grammar. They look nice, so new, so untouched... so virgin  :fish:

I've looked them quickly, and I've spotted the phonetical list. Ok, Markus, tell me: who the hell decided to have SO MANY VOWELS??! Spanish has 5 vowels (yes, I know, a number ridiculously low), Catalan have 8, French have 16 (quite a lot!). But German, if I have counted it right, have 25??!!! Ok, ok... a lot of them are the short/long option of the same one. But still... 25??!!! You want me to REALLY KILL German, don't you?  :ninja:

Nahhhh, it will be fun. Except when I decide to write in that topic in German. Then, it will be a nightmare. Fore sure  :ninja:

PS. I suppose the title of the topic itself is alredy a little killing. For the few things I know of the language of Goethe, it has cases. So, I suppose "Deusch" is correct, but "Killer"... I'm not sure it's the same case. Whatever. Pleased to kill German (in a linguistic way).  :biggrin:

Persephone:
Good luck with Your lessons!  :biggrin:

Kill, or be killed  :ninja:  :lol3:

Luth:
Kill the first, kill the better. Always.

:cht:

Markus:
Hallo meine böse Königin,

dann warne ich die Behörden, kaufe Wasser und Lebensmittel für drei Jahre und :sofa:

Ummm.... 25 vowels? No way! Only if you count vowels that only exist in Saxon and Bavarian, and those "languages" don't really count as German. :nana:

The case in the heading is correct but the composite isn't. :disgust: In German you can never, never create a composite by putting two nouns besides each other; you really create a single new word out of them. Also the abbrev. "nº" is not used in German, so the heading should read "Deutschkiller Nr. 1"  -_-

So this is quite a good start at killing German! :thumbup:

Takes cover in some remote area

Cheers!

Markus

Luth:

--- Quote from: Markus on September 16, 2012, 07:29:44 am ---Hallo meine böse Königin,

dann warne ich die Behörden, kaufe Wasser und Lebensmittel für drei Jahre und :sofa:

--- End quote ---

:roll:

Do not worry... yet. It's not me who is going to travel to Germany soon. When I do, I want to be able to kill German better than now  :fish:

--- Quote ---Ummm.... 25 vowels? No way! Only if you count vowels that only exist in Saxon and Bavarian, and those "languages" don't really count as German. :nana:
--- End quote ---

Then, perhaps I survive to the phonetics (only perhaps!)  :P

--- Quote ---The case in the heading is correct but the composite isn't. :disgust: In German you can never, never create a composite by putting two nouns besides each other; you really create a single new word out of them. Also the abbrev. "nº" is not used in German, so the heading should read "Deutschkiller Nr. 1"  -_-
--- End quote ---

Ah, right... That opens an absolutely new field to me: how many consecutive nouns will I be able to write?  :innocent:

--- Quote ---So this is quite a good start at killing German! :thumbup:
--- End quote ---

That was what I wanted :evil2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version