Main Forum > Music Topic

The Seven Ages of Rock

(1/5) > >>

Luth:
Hi my beloved Notessomes followers!

Do you know about a BBC documentary series called "The Seven Ages of Rock"? Now I'm watching it, and I think it's very interesting. It's formed by 7 chapters, and just now I've seen the 4th, the one about heavy metal  :fireevil: I've enjoyed it a lot, although it was too short (45 minutes). The first chapter was about how rock was born from rhythms like blues; the second one, about psychodelia; 3rd, about punk; 4th, about heavy metal  :ninja:. The next one is about "stadium bands", like Kiss and U2. The other 2, I don't know yet  :insane:

If you can search for the serie (emule or whatever), do it... I think you'll like it. The documentary can't be too exhaustive, as there is not long enough, but it gives some important points interesting to be known, specially for those like me with so poor musical knowledge  :lol3:

Anybody already knows it?

PS. The very weak point of the metal chapter: Therion was not included (in fact, it ended with Metallica  :whistle: ).

Sirius13:
Hi Luthy,

This was shown here in England some time ago.  I didn't watch the whole series, just the Metal one.  As I recall, it wasn't too bad for a mainstream production, but as you say, there's too little time to cover a lot of material.

As you say, the period in that episode didn't go right up to present day - and I didn't see any later episodes, so I don't know if they covered anything more modern. 

As I recall, they started in the correct places:  Sabbath  :bow:  Priest  :bow:

saphira:
Hey this sounds very interesting!  :wOOt: I think I've heard smth about this before...I'll try to find it ..I had some presentation of metal music in last year of primary school..also started with Sabbath and Priest..included Iron Maiden..Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Venom, Napalm Death,...Morbid Angel and....Canibal Corpse...maybe some more..  :unsure: can't recall..

Luth:
Indeed, they started with Black Sabbath and UK, and after that, Judas Priest. The bad thing is that the program finishes with Metallica... but 45 minuts can't do more, I suppose. I learned some interesting things about Ozzy, about the guitarrist of Black Sabbath (without the tip of the fingers), about the trial against Judas for two suicides (I knew something about it, but I learned more here)... A pity they didn't covered Therion  :evil2:

Persephone:
I think I saw this document  :blink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version