Main Forum > Other bands!!!

Black Sabbath

(1/5) > >>

The One:
I don't know, but I've lately been a lot into Black Sabbath, especially their early stuff.
So, I thought maybe we could start a topic on them, I know a certain undead will find it very enjoyable.
BTW: Here is a video I did especially dedicated to the undead in question.

Loke:

*claps claps claps claps*  Way to go George , you are getting better every day !!!

yo yo yo

ps my fav b sabath song is paranoid !!!

yo yo yo 2

Ereshkigal:
I see no video  :unsure: or am I blind?

I am no BS expert, but two albums for me:

1. Mob Rules
2. Heaven and Hell.

THE man sings there after all! Simply unbeatable!

Nighthawk:

--- Quote from: Ereshkigal on August 06, 2007, 02:29:55 am ---I see no video  :unsure: or am I blind?
--- End quote ---
Click on the 'here' in 'Here is a video'.

Sirius13:

--- Quote from: Ereshkigal on August 06, 2007, 02:29:55 am ---I see no video  :unsure: or am I blind?

--- End quote ---
You are blind!!  :ninja: :nana:

Hail to The One...  you have exceptionally good taste!  :biggrin:
How much Sabbath material do you posess?  And which bits are your favourites?

To quote Rob Zombie: "Every cool riff has already been written by Black Sabbath. You're either playing it faster or slower or backwards, but they wrote it first."
...I couldn't agree more with this.

I love the first 8 (Ozzy albums), and the next 2 (Dio albums), I consider them to be 10 albums that constitute the absolute pinnacle of consistency and creativity in all music ever.  You can stick the debut album on and it sounds relevant even now, it's incredible to think that those songs are 38 years old!  The song structures to be found on the likes of Black Sabbath Vol 4 blew me away as a nine-year-old kid, and quite frankly the only things that have come close to reproducing that buzz are when I then went on to discover Sabotage, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Heaven & Hell and Mob Rules.

If I had to name myself the single best song in the history of music ever, then the only difficulty I would have is choosing which Sabbath song it would be...   Symptom Of The Universe?  Die Young?  Wheels Of Confusion?  Megalomania?  Falling Off The Edge Of The World?  Sabbath Bloody Sabbath?  Into The Void?  Under The Sun?  A National Acrobat?

To me, they all represent so much more than just songs... some of them spawned whole genres in their own right... and to think that even Mob Rules is now 26 years old!!  Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, has come even close to that album in the last 26 years...  perfection!!   :biggrin:

...ahh, I like Sabbath.  :yeha:

The one song I don't particularly like?  Paranoid.  Such an over-played under-representative song - it's fun, but it masks the true genius of Sabbath.  As a kid I bought the Paranoid 7" single...  and it was good fun, but then I turned it over and played the B-side...  Snowblind just crushed me!!  The monster riff in the middle, the solos, the changes...   :wicking:

I am in danger of not being able to shut up!   So I'll just try and restrain myself now, and happily join in any additional Sabbath conversation that takes place.

bah...  Iommi is God!  :pop:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version