Main Forum > Enter the voids of the OT-forum

ETA's end?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ereshkigal:
Luth, I guess you are just gonna have to be optimistic about this; just the news about peace is good itself, but the country still has to be on guard (just in case).

When peace was declared here, both parties got together to "sign it". Is there any chance this will be done/or has been done, Luth? (I haven't followed the news closely). I guess just to keep everyone less suspicious about this whole situation.

Markus:
Hi Luth,

how's it going? I read there was an arson attack that might have been done by ETA members. Last thing I heard was that the officials still don't know whether it was individuals or whether the ETA organisation stands behind the attack. Any news?

Cheers!

Markus

Luth:
Well, things are still confusing. There's the named "kale borroka" (street violence), another part of ETA activity: with no deads, but burning cars, shops, home of politicians, etc... Of course, it's supposed that if ETA stops its activity, the kale borroka has to finish as well. But it seems that it has come again... after a peaceful period. If it's from ETA or not, or what it means, is not sure yet. When news will tell something, I'll report  :(

Sirius13:
Sometimes it just takes time...  

Like with IRA activities in Northern Ireland and mainland Britain - there were any number of cease-fires that were broken, and then long discussions and rumours about a total cessation of violence.  Eventually this seemed to result in a genuine end to bombings, and the whole thing has very much disappeared from our TV screens.  It seems very real now  :)

...hopefully in a year or so you will be able to look back on a peaceful time and isolated incidents without death won't mean so much....  Perhaps this instance of kale borroka is just a one-off. Let's hope so.  :)

Luth:
Batasuna, the political party of the terrorists, who has ever denied to condemn the terrorist acts, this time has complained about this kale borroka. It's first time, so let's hope there's a real peace intention  -_-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version